Shaker pro

lockman

Established Member
So if I remove the shaker pro sub. Can I use the same wires for the amp to power my aftermarket amp? Or would I need all new wires ran?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I don't know that you'll get anything but low frequencies on those wires. What are you trying to accomplish? Unless your aftermarket amp can handle high power inputs you will need something like a JL Audio Clean Sweep as an interface. If you are trying to amplify the full range, you should look at something that sums the inputs to the front speakers. I don't know if the shaker sub has a crossover or not.

Car Audio - OEM Interface

lockman

Established Member
I'm just wanting to replace the factory sub and amp with one I already own that is much better than factory. And low frequencies are fine mainly. If all I need is a line converter to get the RCAs that would be awesome.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Hopefully somebody else will know if the signal there is full range or not. I didn't have the shaker sub in mine. Are you also going with an aftermarket sub/box to go along with the amp? How much power you going with?

lockman

Established Member
amp and sub it's a 1000 watt amp and sub combo I had it in my corvette and worked awesome in there and wasn't sure if I was going to have to run new power wire remote wire and signal or if I could just use whats there and get a converter for the rca plug.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
amp and sub it's a 1000 watt amp and sub combo I had it in my corvette and worked awesome in there and wasn't sure if I was going to have to run new power wire remote wire and signal or if I could just use whats there and get a converter for the rca plug.
If the amp is signal sensing I would go that route. But, you are going to need probably 4 gauge wire and a 75 amp(or more) fuse for that if it's peak power. 1000 watt rms will probably require more. If it's an a/b amp and 1000 watts rms you will probably need 2 gauge wire and maybe a 125 amp fuse? Not sure if that's what you meant but :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread