Shelby engine cap set

Harry08

Established Member
Looking to buy Shelby engine cap set that was for the 07-09 Super Snakes. This is the style that had the snake emblem on them. Really looking for radiator, power steering and windshield solvent but will consider complete set if available. Thank you in advance.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Looking to buy Shelby engine cap set that was for the 07-09 Super Snakes. This is the style that had the snake emblem on them. Really looking for radiator, power steering and windshield solvent but will consider complete set if available. Thank you in advance.

Shown below are original 2007-2009 Super Snake caps, there was no snake emblem on them.....

013_zpsipszc7js.jpg

^^^This picture was taken when I was installing the Roush 3X, that is why the upper hose is not installed.

Below are the caps for the current Super Snake builds..........

001.jpg

A P/S reservoir cap is no longer changed with the Super Snake cap upgrade.

OP - You may be looking for the Shelby caps that have the Red snake logo? <<Those caps were available through Shelby Perf. Parts.

R

Last edited:

Harry08

Established Member
R, thats exactly the set I am looking for. I called Shelby and they said no longer available. This is the set American Muscle has listed on their website but says no longer available.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
R, thats exactly the set I am looking for. I called Shelby and they said no longer available. This is the set American Muscle has listed on their website but says no longer available.

The caps shown in my first picture above come up in singles from time to time on eBay, the P/S and Washer caps come up most often and are usually under $75ea. The Oil cap and Master Cylinder cap are a little harder to find and the Reservoir caps are currently on eBay and they are $350-$450 ea.

Recently a Super Snake dipstick "T" that goes with this set sold for just over $250.

The complete sets are usually $1000-up.

If you keep an eye on eBay, you may be able to get the caps you are looking for at the right price.

R

Harry08

Established Member
Thank you Robert for the cap info. I just got done installing Ford Racing shorty headers like you have. What a job!

Necrotizing

Established Member
Okay, just to help anyone coming across this thread and to make sure the OP is speaking of the same caps, we are discussing these right?

If so, does anyone know the actual name they go by? Might help him find them on eBay. Everything I see on eBay are the carbon fiber or "Shelby" text ones.

I don't mind helping someone find something they need/want. I'm always crawling pages in my spare time.

Attachments

• 60748.jpeg
    60748.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 335

Harry08

Established Member
Yep, thats the one. I bought my true Forge tank at the end of last year thinking I would just wait and pick the caps up this year. When I went to purchase I could not find them. The only place I found them was American Muscle but it said no longer available. My need is radiator, windshield bottle , dip stick and power steering cap. (I have a push in breather for the oil cap and covers hiding the master cylinder and battery). If a complete set was available that would be great as well. Thank you for offering assistance, I really appreaiate it.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Those have been out of production for quite a few years, I want to say 5+. They have a specific description for the style, but it is escaping me. Watch ebay and they come through on occasion.

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Those have been out of production for quite a few years, I want to say 5+. They have a specific description for the style, but it is escaping me. Watch ebay and they come through on occasion.

Tom

I think that is called S Snake.

R

Necrotizing

Established Member
Part number is 7s3z-gt500-caps from what I can find online after searching "s snake gt500 engine caps". Don't know how these things sell for $1k+. Makes me want to change to stock ones. Still on the lookout for you some.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Part number is 7s3z-gt500-caps from what I can find online after searching "s snake gt500 engine caps". Don't know how these things sell for $1k+. Makes me want to change to stock ones. Still on the lookout for you some.

It is not the S-Snake caps that are $1000+, they were commonly found through Shelby Perf. Parts and other vendors who sold for Shelby. It is the Super Snake caps shown in my first picture in post #2 that are currently $1000+ for a full set including the dipstick T-handle. <<Those caps only came on a Super Snake build and were not available through Shelby Perf. Parts to the general public.

The OP originally asked about caps that came on a "2007-2009 Super Snake", that is why I first added that picture, because those are the caps that came on those cars from Shelby. After drilling a little deeper, it is the S-Snake caps that he is looking for, and S-Snakes did not come on a Super Snake as part of the build.

R

Users who are viewing this thread