Shelby GT Spied

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If it's got big power under the hood, I love it. If it's just an appearance package it's nothing but a confusing waste of the Shelby name plate, just like 07/08

1o1proof

Established Member
I have to say, I'm relieved. I thought everyone would be talking about how awesome it looks, thank god I was wrong. Pretty dang ugly IMO.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The hood reminds me of the old Shelby Series 1.

e656a3a497cac533a60e89d577ee535e.jpg

FIVEHOE

Established Member
damn, that aftermarket upper and lower grill from autozone look sick!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Dont be surprised if the gt-500 has a twin turbo version of the 5.2 flat plane v8, making over 700 hp...!

darreng505

Established Member
This car looks like it was designed by a focus group in the marketing department. So is Ford just going to whore out the Shelby badge? Shelby GT, Shelby ST, Shelby This, Shelby That...sigh

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
don't be surprised if this is wrong because there is zero ANYTHING that supports this idea
supercharger is possible!
[h=3]Boosted 5.2L Voodoo Motor[/h]

Ford has spent a lot of time and a lot of money doing research and development on their Shelby GT350 Voodoo Motor And they still are not done. While it remains to be seen if there will be a flat-plane crankshaft, we are slowly starting to get a better idea of what the 5.2L engine will be, which subsequently asks the question of what other vehicles will we see it in? With the possibility of there being a 2015 Shelby GT500 comes the possibility of seeing a boosted, big power, Voodoo engine make its way under the hood. For NA applications they are projected to be making well north of 500HP/TQ, so with a little bit of boost via a supercharger we could expect to see that number go deep into the 700HP range. If its being talked about its possible and it would not be hard to twin turbo or supercharge a flat plain v8!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread