krt22

Established Member
I asked Mike at Buyfordracing to put in an order when this looked like it was going to happen. I then talked to him today when it popped up on their site. He originally recommended I wait before piecing together a service kit.

Glad I took his advice and waited.��

And thanks FRP for listening.
Is that the FRP facing side of autonation white bear lake?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I asked Mike at Buyfordracing to put in an order when this looked like it was going to happen. I then talked to him today when it popped up on their site. He originally recommended I wait before piecing together a service kit.

Glad I took his advice and waited.��

And thanks FRP for listening.
TOB can you complain about them not making enough R's next. Maybe you can get some traction there also

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Is that the FRP facing side of autonation white bear lake?

Racing side? If that is what you're asking, no. While I have had great luck with every vendor here at SVTP, I have been using Buyfordacing for over 25 years now. They've been a Top Ten Ford Racing dealer for many years now and they are located very near Ford Racing's actual warehouse. There has been a couple of times where I was uncertain about a part where FRPP didn't provide enough information (on something just released for example) and Mike stopped in there to physically verify something himself. I'll support them for as long as I'm above ground as they have always taken care of me. For non-Ford Racing parts or for Ford Service parts I always try to spread some love around to SVTP vendors too.

TOB can you complain about them not making enough R's next. Maybe you can get some traction there also
I suspect those responsible for determining R volume have been beaten to a pulp already, to the point where a swift kick to the huevos yields nothing but a smile.

I rationalize it this way now....with the same engine, transmission, IRS, brakes, you're down to the wheels (and their requisite damper tuning) and some fiber aero bits - yes, I'm generalizing here. Since most that track are going to pull the CF wheels anyway and replace with their track wheel of choice, the damper tuning just went out the window. So what are you left with? An aero-advantage only at speed that also attracts the LCD-types wherever you may go and some uber expensive rubber. Looking at it that way lessens the pain (or so I tell myself).;-)

krt22

Established Member
Racing side? If that is what you're asking,
My mistake, I saw mike and thought perhaps it was the same mike from autonation white bear lake and that they had a separate site dedicated to FRP parts vs standard ford oem parts. Two different vendors though, thanks for the clarification

Lemers

Established Member
Any new news in any of these items? I'm mostly looking forward to the throttle body, track keys, and the promised trans cooler.

-------------------------------------------------
2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 April (Kaiserslautern, Germany), under MSRP

Last edited:

arsenalrocks

Established Member
no update,
no ETA re trans cooler

I m waiting as well
Any new news in any of these items? I'm mostly looking forward to the throttle body, track keys, and the promised trans cooler.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 April (Kaiserslautern, Germany), under MSRP

bpmurr

Established Member

Ford Performance Parts loves to announce things and then go silent for months or years. Still waiting on their S550 GT tune.

They should really hold off announcing things until they're almost ready to ship.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
IIRC, they never announced a specific release date. Even Ford Racing can't predict the future, hence the wiggle room. Be thankful there is a '17 model year GT350 to help amortize the parts we so love.

I'll ask around and see what I can find.

bpmurr

Established Member
IIRC, they never announced a specific release date. Even Ford Racing can't predict the future, hence the wiggle room. Be thankful there is a '17 model year GT350 to help amortize the parts we so love.

If feels like more of a please don't buy anyone elses stuff until we finally get around to release our product.

Jfoster

Established Member
^^ Or it's more like a, "Everyone is pestering the shit out of us to tell them about new products that don't exist yet....OK!!! We're going to build them!!"./..

Snoopy49

Established Member

By announcing a future product, Ford discourages a third party from spending the capital needed to develop a competing product until after Ford actually starts production and sales. Especially in a niche market.

Tankman

Established Member

Hey Tob,

Three months later now. Did you ask around? Find anything?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread