Shelby GT350R-C Debut

Darth Racer

Established Member
Why can't there be a class where the mustangs and camaros have no engine power restrictions? Let them run all out. I hate all the restrictions put on these cars. I guess we need another Trans Am series?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Why can't there be a class where the mustangs and camaros have no engine power restrictions? Let them run all out. I hate all the restrictions put on these cars. I guess we need another Trans Am series?

I'd be all for that. 100% factory stock.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

There's always going to be restrictions somewhere to improve spectatorship of the competition.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Speaking of Goodwood, Stig looks a little rusty. Note the chirp at the :48 mark...

[video=youtube;jp9d-HhblD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp9d-HhblD0[/video]

Car has the same plate as the one Jamal had at the powertrain reveal a few weeks ago. Same car?

11382936_1448448125477376_1326083427_n.jpg

Lemers

Established Member
There's always going to be restrictions somewhere to improve spectatorship of the competition.

PONY WARS

One week of racing each year in the different categories (drag, road, track, ect.)

1. Each company provides its best drivers.
2. All trims represented base, Eco, GT, Shebly GT350 and the counter parts
3. All cars must be current production models no mods (only regulated safety equipment like roll cages)
4. Let the best cars win

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Speaking of Goodwood, Stig looks a little rusty. Note the chirp at the :48 mark...

It seems that the tires and/or pavement must've been cold. That thing was all over the place!!

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
"chirp" at :48 was more of a "click" to my ears. not tires. some sort of shifter noise?

cluscher

Established Member
It seems that the tires and/or pavement must've been cold. That thing was all over the place!!

I think there was a lot of deliberate driver input there to make the thing dance. He probably had little to no seat time in it and was trying to get a feel for its mannerism and heat up the tires a bit.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I heard a click (shifter) and then a chirp. Two distinctively separate sounds.

I'm not talking about the audible click - I heard that too.

He gets a chirp out of the car at the :17 mark as well. Both times are after executing a shift (watch the front end rise up after the shift at :17).

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
I'm not talking about the audible click - I heard that too.

He gets a chirp out of the car at the :17 mark as well. Both times are after executing a shift (watch the front end rise up after the shift at :17).

I wasn't responding to you, but glad we're on the same page lol.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Great racing in the rain. Maxwell battling for first.

http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

ON EDIT:

Thanks to "Mountain376" for posting some shots from the Glen of the Multimatic cars. I noticed a few things upon closer review. I had to enhance some of the shots for better lighting (not for pretty) in order to see some of the detail.

I've been wondering what transmission the new Multimatic cars are using and can't find an answer. Looking into the cabin...

image_3-Edit.jpg

Zooming in, note the detail (distinct ridges) I'm pointing at...

image_3-Edit1%20copy.jpg

Compare that to a shot of a development GT350 shifter...

_MG_3163%20copy1.jpg

I'd have bet the farm that the Boss 302R-C wouldn't use the TR3160. With nothing else to go on, at this point, it looks like it does.

I also see what looks to be a CF cover over each front caliper. I don't know why this is done as I'd have thought you would want as much heat/dust to exit the caliper as possible.

image_8-Edit1.jpg

One of the Camaro's pitted with an issue a short time ago and I caught a screen grab of something similar.

Camaro%20brakes.jpg

I studied the next photo for a bit before I noticed something I find rather intriguing.

image_9-Edit1.jpg

Looks like a stock catalytic converter canister with some rod welded outside it in quadrants. I can't imagine a car in this series using a cat. A cat shell with some baffling that would act as a muffler? Yes. A production converter? No way.

image_9-Edit1a.jpg

I see the fore half of the inside fenderwell gutted and replaced with screen. Not sure if it is to relieve underhood heat, pressure, or if it is brake related. Production CF front end pieces are being used. Stitch welds look shorter and more numerous than what I remember on the Watson 302S cars. Interesting CC plate design, almost looks like two horizontal jack screws are employed which would make for quick camber adjustment if that is indeed the intent.

image_11-Edit1.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks Travis.

Couple more. The vent on the TR3160 was already extended quite a bit. The Boss 302R-C has its vent extended up the firewall so that it almost touches the underside of the hood. It looks as if fluid is still seeping by (note the zip tied rag on the line below the vent).

image_12-Edit1a.jpg

Interesting aero-contouring of the fuel cell enclosure. I also see a triangulated jacking point at its rear. No change to the exhaust tube within a tube (aside from only using one) falls in line with the cooling benefit Jamal spoke of.

image_6-Edit1aa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread