Shelby GT350R Jay Leno's Garage

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'd personally vote for DBK in all of this. It's obvious that Hamadi's response was a pleasantry, not a guarantee. GT premi should concede the race.

That said, I think GT premi will pull an O'mally and stay the race incase Hillary drops out, I mean in case the common perception of the ford mills changes to support GT Premi's view.

My view? The gt is set for endurance racing. Homologation regulations spell out what would have to be done. Who would put a 5.2L fpc in that application when they can use an engine that is basically twice as fuel efficient, more power potential, torque potential, et al. If the idea of the voodoo was ever "seriously" considered, it probably died in the first day, or minutes of being brought up.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Primary legitimate option was N/A V10. Some wanted N/A V8 but that wasn't really seriously considered. Ultimately ended up going with the 5.4L SC because they wanted something powerful, bulletproof, and high margin. 6.4L aluminum V10 was in the follow-on GR-1 and Cobra roadster concepts, but was unlikely for production in those either.

I still would like to see that V10 (in some form) make production. Twas not meant to be I suppose.

bpmurr

Established Member
Anyone notice Jay swapped out the Recaro seats for regular seats? I didn't think he'd be able to fit in the Recaro seats comfortably.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Anyone notice Jay swapped out the Recaro seats for regular seats? I didn't think he'd be able to fit in the Recaro seats comfortably.

That's the reason he gave for swapping them.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Depends on what color you get. Black ones will get matte black stripes (if you order it with stripes). Other colors come with gloss stripes, but matte is still an option, I think. The spoiler is gloss.

Saleen_1977

Established Member
Depends on what color you get. Black ones will get matte black stripes (if you order it with stripes). Other colors come with gloss stripes, but matte is still an option, I think. The spoiler is gloss.

Thanks GT, which one do you like best? The spoiler should match the stripes?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My personal favorite is black with matte black stripes w/ red accents. A very close second is the blue with gloss black stripes w/ cashmere (?) accents. I don't feel one way or the other for any of the other colors.

Saleen_1977

Established Member
My car is magnetic grey so do you think matte black or gloss? The wheels are in between matte and gloss. and the spoiler is carbon fiber matte? Im just trying to find the right looking style.

8gtoklr

Established Member
If jay wasnt gonna drive the car a lot then why change out the seats? maybe he will drive for a while

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My car is magnetic grey so do you think matte black or gloss? The wheels are in between matte and gloss. and the spoiler is carbon fiber matte? Im just trying to find the right looking style.

The rear wing is "wet look" carbon fiber. I've seen magnetic with gloss black stripes and the cashmere accent stripes. It looked pretty good. However, that same car had a LOT of swirls on the stripes. Knowing that, I'd probably opt for the matte stripes. Ford must've changed suppliers for the vinyl stripes. My GT500 will be 6 years old this year and there's not one swirl or scratch on its stripes.

65sohc

Established Member

Yeh, I caught that, too. I sat in a Track Pack car today. The seats are not as snug as the Recaros in my Boss and definitely fine for someone with a normal BMI. It seems that Ford took America's growing obesity into consideration.

bpmurr

Established Member
Yeh, I caught that, too. I sat in a Track Pack car today. The seats are not as snug as the Recaros in my Boss and definitely fine for someone with a normal BMI. It seems that Ford took America's growing obesity into consideration.

I feel the exact opposite about the Track Pack. It pinched my hips really bad (torso was fine). I had no issues with the Recaros in my Boss and GT500.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I feel the exact opposite about the Track Pack. It pinched my hips really bad (torso was fine). I had no issues with the Recaros in my Boss and GT500.

The height and ramp rate of the bolsters on the GT350 Recaros are more severe than the other models, but the flat portion of the seat is actually a little wider.

65sohc

Established Member
The height and ramp rate of the bolsters on the GT350 Recaros are more severe than the other models, but the flat portion of the seat is actually a little wider.

That's how it felt to me. In my Boss the upper bolsters are in constant contact with my ribcage. Sitting in the GT350 for 30 seconds in the showroom I didn't notice the contact.

F8L SN8K

Established Member

I agree with this. Although I wouldn't say "pinch" with me. Just really secured. To me it was really noticeable getting in and out of the car with the higher bolsters. They felt tighter to me then the old factory Recaro's. I enjoy driving the Boss and GT500 even on long trips. The GT350 seats have me a little more concerned on how I'd feel after a long trip(8+ hours)

Like was said the ramp angle of the bolsters are coming into play and is really dependent of your body shape.

IMO The old Recaro's are more comfortable and do a good job of keeping you in place around the track. The GT350 seems to be a little more geared towards track that is livable on the street. But there is a butt for every seat and I really like both seats for my preference. My Cobra jet seats which are by Recaro(pole position) keep you in place and are comfortable but I wouldn't use them on a daily due to getting in and out all the time.

Last edited:

65sohc

Established Member
I love my Boss Recaros and the seats were really the biggest concern for me in choosing the Tech pack over the Track pack. I drove two GT's and an Ecoboost and decided that the regular seats were a reasonable compromise to get the Tech stuff I would enjoy every day vs. the Track stuff that I wouldn't even know was there.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The Ford executive in charge of the program saying on video that they "thought about it" versus some guy on the internet that I don't know and will never meet. Hmm... Tough choice.

<rumbling in the distance is the sound of a Blackhawk approaching to deliver the E-bro Sniper Squad onto the scene.>

Here's a timely interview with Jamal's boss for you:

Sportscar365 caught up with Ford Performance boss Dave Perciak on the eve of the Rolex 24 for a wide-ranging Q&A, including insight into the Ford GT’s development and the possibility of customer cars in the future.

Was an EcoBoost engine always planned for the Ford GT?

“It’s been EcoBoost from day one. It’s just a testament to the technology we have with EcoBoost, leveraging this platform to take EcoBoost to the next level.

“That’s why we immediately kicked off the Daytona Prototype program with Chip Ganassi, to get [the engine] into the race circuit and start figuring it out what it’s going to take to make it successful.

“We obviously did that with winning [the Rolex 24] last year, the Twelve Hours of Sebring and others.”

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/periciak-ford-the-ford-gt-had-to-be-a-global-effort/

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The Ford executive in charge of the program saying on video that they "thought about it" versus some guy on the internet that I don't know and will never meet. Hmm... Tough choice.

<rumbling in the distance is the sound of a Blackhawk approaching to deliver the E-bro Sniper Squad onto the scene.>

DBK is well known on this site as a straight shooter and well informed.

Some have said DBK is actually a retired marine now working with the FBI under the guise of a Ford Performance director to destroy Isis and North Korea.

Whispers have been heard saying that Chuck Norris actually saught to train with DBK so he could learn new forms of deadly force.

Users who are viewing this thread