Shelby GT350R Mustang: Most Track-Capable Production Mustang Ever Built - Pics Inside

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Really like all the changes except perhaps the wing. Wonder what the car will weigh with the AC and radio back in.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Friend of mine just said this thing will likely be nipping at the C7Z's heels at the track. Any of you see that happening??

ekimv

Established Member
Friend of mine just said this thing will likely be nipping at the C7Z's heels at the track. Any of you see that happening??

Yeah, in the same way a C7Z nips at the heals of a Fiesta, well seriously, I would think the C7Z would be able to outrun the Stang... Although if Bruce was driving I would take the Stang!

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
is the flat bottom steering wheel not on the base 350? and yes #s and price would be nice.
whoops, you're right, completely forgot about that

Whatever it is, there will be 20k tagged onto it by every dealer who has one.
...until, just like the Z28, no one buys them and the dealers start stickering them below MSRP.
with this car, good things will come to those who wait.

hognutz

Established Member

Lets just say I hope you buddie is right but I don't see that happening. I can see it putting a beating on Z51, zl1, not sure how it will fair against a Z28 as that car worked better than I though it would. you would hope it would be faster than that for sure as ford knows the target.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Another pic to share:

Ford_Performance_Vehicles_001.jpg

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
Seeing this amazing car in person I noticed the tire sizes for the front are 305's and the rear are 315's. This thing is going to be a beast! I love it.

cluscher

Established Member
Seeing this amazing car in person I noticed the tire sizes for the front are 305's and the rear are 315's. This thing is going to be a beast! I love it.

For the minimal difference front to rear, I don't understand why they don't just go with a squared set up?

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
I *REALLY* need to know pricing on both GT350s and the GT STAT!, lol.

I think some rear seat belts and a rear seat and me and the boys will look good in the GT350R. I wonder if you could put plebeian steel rotors on and "save" the ceramics.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Established Member
I *REALLY* need to know pricing on both GT350s and the GT STAT!, lol.

I think some rear seat belts and a rear seat and me and the boys will look good in the GT350R. I wonder if you could put plebeian steel rotors on and "save" the ceramics.

I don't think it comes with ceramic brakes. I'll buy it in a heartbeat if it does! My PCCB's on my 997.2 Turbo S will easily go 100k+ though as long as I change pads at 50% life (@ ~30k mile intervals for $900 for all four incl labor). Tracking is another story though. But if you're not tracking it, don't be scared of the ceramics! Pedal feel is nuts!

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
I don't think it comes with ceramic brakes. I'll buy it in a heartbeat if it does! My PCCB's on my 997.2 Turbo S will easily go 100k+ though as long as I change pads at 50% life (@ ~30k mile intervals for $900 for all four incl labor). Tracking is another story though. But if you're not tracking it, don't be scared of the ceramics! Pedal feel is nuts!

Oh yeah, I'm gonna track it :)

hognutz

Established Member
Left Lane news published power numbers but nothing specific:
"The 5.2-liter unit makes over 500 horsepower and 400 lb-ft. of torque, earning it the honor of being the most powerful naturally-aspirated engine the Blue Oval has ever produced."..
Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-shelby-gt-350r-mustang.html#ixzz3OjJFb5hx

that the same old stuff that everbody released when the GT350 hit.

I am really more interested in just the base GT350 than the R myself but would like weight and HP figures to me set in stone before I pull the trigger. I like the perfromance of Carbon fiber wheels and carbon cermic brakes but for a driver I would rather just have more meat and potatoes parts and not have mod in a back seat.

seeing that 50lbs of unsprung weight though from the wheels in impressive you will defiantly feel that.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Really like all the changes except perhaps the wing. Wonder what the car will weigh with the AC and radio back in.

Yeah, that wing would make even the hardest core ricer shed a proud tear. LOL I'd say you're adding +/- 40 pounds back on it.

Lets just say I hope you buddie is right but I don't see that happening. I can see it putting a beating on Z51, zl1, not sure how it will fair against a Z28 as that car worked better than I though it would. you would hope it would be faster than that for sure as ford knows the target.

I wouldn't be too quick to say that about it nipping at the C7 Z06. (NOTE: "Nipping" not beating.) I suspect it will be within 100 pounds of the Z06 weight-wise. And I can tell you from personal experience on my own car that dropping 50+pounds of unsprung rotating mass makes a phenomenal difference in acceleration and turn-in. And seeing that this car is going to have some proper tires on it, if the Z06 driver is slipping, the chase will be on against a well-driven GT350R.

Wow. This is the stang I wanted ford to build. What a great day to be a ford fan!

^^So much this!!!!! I've been waiting for this for so long!

For the minimal difference front to rear, I don't understand why they don't just go with a squared set up?

Because staggered looks badass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread