Shelby GT350R Mustang: Most Track-Capable Production Mustang Ever Built - Pics Inside

cluscher

Established Member
You don't even notice staggering that minimal unless you look at the tire size stamped on the tire.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
Lets just say I hope you buddie is right but I don't see that happening. I can see it putting a beating on Z51, zl1, not sure how it will fair against a Z28 as that car worked better than I though it would. you would hope it would be faster than that for sure as ford knows the target.

Ford is on a mission they know what needs to be done to handle Z28 the regular GT350 will probably match Z28 the R model will be better than it. Carbon fiber wheels are on there for a reason they are focusing on handling and they are looking to make a good package all around they are working the FPC V8 to make sure they have good power and torque. The R is purpose built to be a track car and put GM back into they did it to us again mode.

jlauth

Established Member
I am really hoping too that either a rear seat can be tossed in, or that the front splitter on the GT350R will be available for purchase from ford and spoiler. Unless the standard GT350 comes with a larger duck tail spoiler...the one in the debut car at the LA autoshow is too small in my opinion. The possibility to order a standard GT350 with CF wheels and then add the splitter and spoiler later would be fine. It all depends on price though. I'm hoping to see a 65K MSRP on the R...that maybe doubtful with the CF wheels and the carbon ceramic brakes.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I am really hoping too that either a rear seat can be tossed in, or that the front splitter on the GT350R will be available for purchase from ford and spoiler. Unless the standard GT350 comes with a larger duck tail spoiler...the one in the debut car at the LA autoshow is too small in my opinion. The possibility to order a standard GT350 with CF wheels and then add the splitter and spoiler later would be fine. It all depends on price though. I'm hoping to see a 65K MSRP on the R...that maybe doubtful with the CF wheels and the carbon ceramic brakes.

I think the R has ti be careful with pricing. With cf wheels and brakes it sure could be pricey. That new z06 might be close price wise.

jlauth

Established Member
I think the R has ti be careful with pricing. With cf wheels and brakes it sure could be pricey. That new z06 might be close price wise.

True, but I'm hoping that they will align the price with Hellcat/Z28 in mind, but maybe undercut the Z. The C7Z starts at like 84K correct?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

The front splitter will absolutely be available for purchase from Ford Racing. You know how many of those things are going to get shredded on roads and tracks?? Buying the rear wing separately will probably be quite cost prohibitive. It's a carbon fiber piece and will probably run near $2K. And when you're talking about adding the rear seats later, it's more involved than just buying the seats and slapping them in. You'll have to buy mounting brackets and rear seatbelts and their associated parts. Too pricey to do just for occasionally having a use for a back seat. I did the rear seat delete on my GT500 and haven't missed the use of the backseat once.

IOMZL1

Established Member
I'm definitely interested in adding a rear seat to the GT350R. The point of the car for me would be to occasionally use the back seats for my family. It seems it would be cheaper / easier in the long run to add the back seat to the GT350R than to add all of the other parts to a GT350.

Any idea on costs and effort of a rear seat + associated hardware (seat belts, etc.)? Could the rear seats be added one side or the other or are they a solid unit?

Looking forward to weight / specs / pricing / etc. on both models.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Even if you purchased each and every piece of rear seat restraint hardware (bolts, belts, etc.) you would not have a system that was certified by Ford for use in an R model GT350. Might not make sense but from a legal standpoint that's the way it is and definitely a concern if you plan on putting family members back there and expecting an insurance company to be there were there ever a catastrophic event.

Users who are viewing this thread