Shelby GT350R

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... The order guide posted up on Mustang6G says the GT350R has carbon ceramic brakes on the front only, which sounds like a load of BS. I'm thinking the order guide is fake based on that and some other terminology.

Pretty sure that would be fake. It was probably planted by somebody from Camaro5. No way any manufacturer would have CC rotors on one end and steel/iron on the other. Getting the braking dynamics to work together under varying conditions would probably be a nightmare. Somebody was just trying to slander the car.

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
Okay. I think you're misunderstanding me still. I'm definitely not saying the GT350R is an exotic car. No one is. I'm saying the GT350R has a lot of exotic/super car technology in/on it. As far as the FPC, we were talking about V8s, not V12s with a bunch of tiny cylinders. Ferrari has not made any large displacement (if you want to call 5.2L large) V8 engines. How did we even fall into this rabbit hole?

I was just showing that Ferrari can build large FPC engines, they did it with more cylinders, FORD did it with more stroke. both designed for different purpose built cars. sure the GT350R is using exotic tech but so do a few other lower end cars. FORD is swinging for the fences with this version of the GT350, I for one am eyeing up a GT350 to replace my '13 GT, but only if the oil field doesn't fall out this year.

Users who are viewing this thread