Shelby GT500 beaten to death by a lame jurnalist

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
CobraBob said:
Nice video, but I don't think at all it was abused. Only driven as any car being test-driven for a magazine/report would be. I liked it when he said the car doesn't like to go 55. LOL!

As far as the price, $43K is correct. Dealers are marking them up, but nowhere near $83K. Eventually the price will settle back to the $43K sticker.

come to So Cal and you'll see some Shelby coupes pushing $80k......:nonono:

C6 Z06s are going for over $100k :shrug:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Gotta love that brake dive. The rear bumper must have been 2 feet off the ground when he hammered the brakes.

Juiced-03

Established Member
What is wrong with the video? I've seen some journalists push cars much harder. Who's that one guy with the accent that always drives the Ferraris and Lambos? He did a good review on the "Foooord Gee Tee" lol. Jeremy Clarkson I think?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
svt4stv said:
come to So Cal and you'll see some Shelby coupes pushing $80k......:nonono:

C6 Z06s are going for over $100k :shrug:

agreed...the dealership here had a sticker on the window that had $27,000 limited production markup fee.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Man that thing reaches for the pavement under hard braking. Need to invest in the Ford GT aluminum block I think. I just ordered my aluminum block for my car. Then it's off to VT for some stroking. WOOT!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Zero260 said:
So car manufacturers have no say in dealer markups? I think they'd be losing a lot of business.

i dont think they do and im sure Ford loves it anyways. it makes money for the dealership and creates a "frenzy" for their cars. they wouldnt be marking them up like that if they werent selling....

i stopped by the local MBZ dealer and they had a McLaren SLR sitting there in the show room. the salesman said it was already sold and went for approx 2.5x the retail price :eek: somewhere in the vicinity of $6-700K iirc.... (that was about a year ago)

Users who are viewing this thread