Shelton Last Friday? 7/13. Who Was There?

stevolikedevo

Established Member
I was there, had a best run of 12.685 @ 114 with a passenger, 3/4 of a tank of gas, and street tires.

Not sure that I remember seeing yours, there were a bunch of stangs and I was focused on racing.

Last edited:

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
I was there

14.6 @ 96

and my first time ever racing.

I heard that a fox body nearly ate the wall. Wasn't you was it?

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
from what i heard, jamie(MACHDADDY1) ran an 11.3 on his n/a mach1. and also, i guess he did some smackin on an 03 whippled cobra. now, i call this :bs: unless he shows some timeslip. lol.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
All the hp in the world doesn't make the car automatically faster. It comes down to driver skills in the low 11's. 11.3 is very respectable in the Mach.

stevolikedevo

Established Member
I'd be inclined to see a slip, too, as I was not impressed with track prep. I did hear that shortly after I resolved my shifter issue, they took a break to prep it a little better and people were saying that they got the best times they ran all day...I guess this was ~5:00 PM?

grover

Established Member
My first run was an easy going 13.8 at 107 mph. The next run was going much better until I went for second and the clutch cable snapped. The rest of the day was spent trying to find a new cable and getting a tow home. Big thanks to wythors for the AAA card tow home and to Brads for actually having a cable in stock, and being at the shop until after 8pm so I could get it fixed friday night.

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
I went and did all 5 of my runs while most were over at the photo shoot.
I was real slow with Gails heavy car and not getting 3rd any race.
14.4 @ 102 with a .23 RT wheel hopping like all get out.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Lethal SVT97 said:
from what i heard, jamie(MACHDADDY1) ran an 11.3 on his n/a mach1. and also, i guess he did some smackin on an 03 whippled cobra. now, i call this :bs: unless he shows some timeslip. lol.

Nice!

I ran into Mike and Jamie as my group was on the way out. How did Mike do? He has 4.10s in the rear now. :)

82Mustang

Established Member
damn i didnt see jamie there..anyway did anybody race me in their cobra? i lost to a black cobra one race, he had a passenger and i think it was ShadowFist

~Mark~

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
Nice!

I ran into Mike and Jamie as my group was on the way out. How did Mike do? He has 4.10s in the rear now. :)

yeah! he really did ran an 11.3 @122 mph. i'm just trying to stir the pot:-D

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
I was also there for my first time ever on the track. See sig for details. I raced a Saleen S381 vert (96-99??). I thought it would be closer but I spanked him. I also raced a brand new (900 miles) GT 500 stock and beat him by .992 (got video to prove for any naysayers ;) I don't think he could drive it very well but I continued to pull him all the way thru 1320 ft.

By the way, stock F1's, and 3/4 tank of gas with spare in the trunk.

Good times. I'm addicted! :D

It was good to meet you Steve and good to see everyone else: TylerB59, Shadowfist, Wythors, 99GTTony and Grover (glad to hear you got a clutch cable)

Last edited:

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
82Mustang said:
damn i didnt see jamie there..anyway did anybody race me in their cobra? i lost to a black cobra one race, he had a passenger and i think it was ShadowFist

~Mark~

Do you drive a black Gt, around 5ish? If so, yeah, it was probably me. What was your car number?

MACHDADDY1

DRAGPAK
Established Member
I did not run 11.3 on friday it was a 11.5, 1.7 short time @ 120mph. I did run a 11.3 on sat. at all ford drags with a 1.55 short time on 17 inch drag radials on my first pass. I had to slow down after that cause I have no cage.:bash: I can do better but i made an error at the end of the 1320 that cost some et & mph. But not to bad for a street car that still drove to the round up on sun.:pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

torquemonster

Established Member
jaime, last time i talked to you, yuo were stictly natural aspirated minded....then the nitrous comes in haha....im going to have to be gettin nitrous as well...good runs:bowdown:

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Shangsta said:
Wow Jeremy those are some pretty good times. What kind of 60ft times were you getting

Thanks Shangsta! My best 60 ft was 1.94 but the rest were pretty consistently 2.0 to 2.1. My best reaction time was .13 but on my fastest run it was .20. I had two runs where I missed third and was just below 13 sec. I need an MGW shifter bad!

Users who are viewing this thread