Shelton Last Friday? 7/13. Who Was There?

grover

Established Member
03CobraVertGrey said:
I also raced a brand new (900 miles) GT 500 stock and beat him by .992 (got video to prove for any naysayers ;) I don't think he could drive it very well but I continued to pull him all the way thru 1320 ft.

It was good to meet you Steve and good to see everyone else: TylerB59, Shadowfist, Wythors, 99GTTony and Grover (glad to hear you got a clutch cable)

I hope you can hear wythors on the video of you racing the GT500 saying that you will get spanked as the two of you were lining up.:loser:

Yeah getting the cable in was no big deal, I just can't believe no one around the south end had one in stock.:shrug: The wife says no more racing until I get something else as a daily driver. I was glad to see your car running so well, its a good thing we went to talk to the track official so we could race wearing shorts. :banana:

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
torquemonster said:
jaime, last time i talked to you, yuo were stictly natural aspirated minded....then the nitrous comes in haha....im going to have to be gettin nitrous as well...good runs:bowdown:

jaime DID NOT spray. its driver mod:-D

Tylerb59

Established Member
Just FYI - Reaction times have no bearing on the ET. It is only an important factor when you're racing in competition both 'heads up' and 'bracket'.

stevolikedevo

Established Member
03CobraVertGrey said:
It was good to meet you Steve and good to see everyone else: TylerB59, Shadowfist, Wythors, 99GTTony and Grover (glad to hear you got a clutch cable)

It was cool meeting you, too, Jeremy and thanks for letting me borrow your tire gauge. I should have made some more passes after they prepped the track again, but I was just glad to escape with my tranny in one piece after that silly Pro 5.0 shifter stop backed out and wouldn't grab second. MGW FTW.

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
Just FYI - Reaction times have no bearing on the ET. It is only an important factor when you're racing in competition both 'heads up' and 'bracket'.
So, if I understand you correctly, the clock does NOT start until you pass the laser regardless of your reaction to the green? :idea:
I saw a few races, however, that the winner was determined by who got the hole shot. :-D
It is good to have a resident drag race professional like Tyler to keep us in the know. Thanks man! :beer:

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
grover said:
I hope you can hear wythors on the video of you racing the GT500 saying that you will get spanked as the two of you were lining up.:loser:
Yes, I just downloaded the videos to my computer. The back ground talk was hilarious. I could almost see the money being passed around on the wagers of who would win that race.

I have a couple videos of you going down the track. The first one of you beating a Saleen and the last one was the clutch cable failure that will make good stories for posterity. I will pm you the link.

I had forgotten about the shorts things. I am soooo glad they eased up on that rule for us.

Last edited:

MACHDADDY1

DRAGPAK
Established Member
I was hoping to see some other fast n/a mod motor cars but they must of all left before i got there. nobody cares about n/a cars but the guys like us that own them. all people want to know is if you have a kenny whipple or a pro vortec. I did see lots of bad driving & i was one of them. lol

Tylerb59

Established Member
03CobraVertGrey said:
So, if I understand you correctly, the clock does NOT start until you pass the laser regardless of your reaction to the green? :idea:

Yep.

Try it next time you're lined up against a Honda. Wait 4 seconds and you'll still run your 12.6 ;) The funny thing about that is you'll catch him at the top end and absolutely rail past.

I would recommend taking your time leaving the light so you can practice those launches before concentrating on treeing your opponent. It's too easy to get caught up in cutting a good light and totally botch the launch. Crossing the 60' marker quickly should be your number one priority.

Last edited:

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Video

http://esimracing.com/jeremya/My03CobravsGT500.mpg

Here I am racing a stock GT500: Warning: takes a while to download with highspeed.

Me: 12.81 @114, 2.145 60 ft, 5.631 330 ft, 8.450 660 ft, 10.825 1000 ft.
Him: 13.75 @106, 2.40 60 ft, 6.137 330 ft, 9.109 660 ft, 11.657 1000 ft.

Edit: Hey Mark, is that your car lining up after mine in this video?

Last edited:

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
Yep.

Try it next time you're lined up against a Honda. Wait 4 seconds and you'll still run your 12.6 ;) The funny thing about that is you'll catch him at the top end and absolutely rail past.

I would recommend taking your time leaving the light so you can practice those launches before concentrating on treeing your opponent. It's too easy to get caught up in cutting a good light and totally botch the launch. Crossing the 60' marker quickly should be your number one priority.
Thanks Tyler, that is a great article. I was launching from an idle due to the stock F1's and wheel hop.

grover

Established Member
Yes, I just downloaded the videos to my computer. The back ground talk was hilarious. I could almost see the money being passed around on the wagers of who would win that race.

I have a couple videos of you going down the track. The first one of you beating a Saleen and the last one was the clutch cable failure that will make good stories for posterity. I will pm you the link.

I had forgotten about the shorts things. I am soooo glad they eased up on that rule for us.[/QUOTE]

I have an in car video of my run with the cable breaking. I have only watched it once on the camera because it kind of painful and not very exciting. I ran a 26.93 at 29 mph:(

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
MACHDADDY1 said:
I was hoping to see some other fast n/a mod motor cars but they must of all left before i got there. nobody cares about n/a cars but the guys like us that own them. all people want to know is if you have a kenny whipple or a pro vortec. I did see lots of bad driving & i was one of them. lol

so what are you saying about people with whipple.lol:-D and who are you refering to.

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
grover said:
I have an in car video of my run with the cable breaking. I have only watched it once on the camera because it kind of painful and not very exciting. I ran a 26.93 at 29 mph:(

Yeah, the tower guy was wondering if you were going to make it off the track without a tow. I was actually lined up behind you when that happened and you can see a tow truck pull up behind me in the next clip. Then the tow truck backs up and leaves.
The video of you catching and beating that new Saleen is sweet though. Let me know if you want a copy. :-D

82Mustang

Established Member
grover said:

Were you racing a yellow 05 mustang V6 during that run? if so then it was jeff(in his moms car, lol), he came back to the pits and said a cobra raced him and trapped at like 30mph, the annuoncer said "whoa, somebody put a chute on that car!"

~Mark~

7t9cobra

Established Member
no no no. it was a red GT not a cobra. he trapped at 49 MPH and ran a 19. i was taking him from the start, and was just a few feet ahead of him, until he suddenly dropped back. BTW i ran 25 times. only 8 races were fair. i won 6 of the 8 fair races. every other time i was lined up with mark, a cobra, or that mercedez that kept whoopin on people. my fastest time was a 15.46? (dont have the slip with me so i dont remember the rest) not bad for a bone stock 05 V6 with half a tank, and open diff. time to get MY car goin :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread