Shift light wiring question

makriluc

Established Member
Hi guys.
I intend to buy the Summit SUM-G2947 shift light and I'm wondering if I may connect the green wire to the tach signal in our dash cluster ?
Here is the wiring of the shift light
shiftlightwiring_zps827bf297.jpg

Here is a picture from Raptor Perfomance for the cluster pictures

Mustang98_tach_wiring_large_zpsed8a2ddd.jpg

Thanks

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I tapped it down by the computer. But I have heard other tapped at the factory tach.

You're in luck I went up into the attic to look at my notes from 1999!

The signal wire goes to Pin # 48 Orange with a white stripe.

My notes say it is 5 in from the right hand side of the connector. Bottom row!

I used one of those clip connectors where it attaches onto the existing wire and you insert the wire of the shift light and just crimp down. done! It stayed that way for 14 years! No issues. Again I tapped the connection at the computer harness down by the passenger kick panel.

If you have questions call 815-895-8141 is the number I had written next to the notes.

Last edited:

SVT CAMR

Established Member
That shift light looks just like the auto meter I had. you should be good to go. The ph number I gave you was from auto meter. That was many years ago. Good luck.

Also I just grabbed some power from the fuse panel instead of chopping wires. you can grab power from anywhere as long as it is key switched. Keep in mind my car is a 98 and not sure if your would be different.

I also might suggest to mount the shift light inside your air-conditioning duct instead of having it visible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread