Shifter Gasket Sets to Quiet Your Cobra Shifter

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Piece of cake. The first time I did it, it took me about 20 minutes. Then each time was 15 minutes tops. Aftermarket shifters include instructions for removing the old shifter and installing a new one. Installation of my gasket set is the easiest part. Just lay it down. There are also instructions on my website.
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/InstallationTips.htm

98_Snake

Established Member
CobraBob when you install the shiftergasket all you have to do is scrap off the remaining sealing and then place the gasket on? Then just bolt up the aftermarket shifter?

trueblueeyes

Established Member
98_Snake said:
CobraBob when you install the shiftergasket all you have to do is scrap off the remaining sealing and then place the gasket on? Then just bolt up the aftermarket shifter?

The gasket itself is slightly sticky (reminds me of those static cling stickers) so I actually placed it on the back of my new shifter and it didn't move when I put it on the tranny and bolted it up. Not CobraBob's recommended way but it was easier for me. Using the gasket actually cuts down on shifter install time since you don't have to deal with messy silicone.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Paypal sent. As much as I've changed tranny fluid in my car experimenting with different fluids, I should have bought this along time ago.

Thanks Bob.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
98_Snake said:
Yep, that is all there is to it. :)

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
one more positive feedback to throw in.

very easy to deal with, gasket went on easily and the car is much quieter inside. worth the cash alone to me to not scrape the damn rtv off everytime.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
My Mgw shifter sounds like i am driving a 4000 hp supercar! Hopefully this helps

Last edited:

trueblueeyes

Established Member
C H I N I said:
My Mgw shifter sounds like i am driving a 4000 hp supercar! I need this so thats y i am ordering. I didnt even read all the stuff about the install. Is it hard? Do you remove the tranny or just the shifter?

Just remove the shifter and scrape off the old silicone (don't let the pieces of the old dried silicone fall down into the transmission). After you have it cleaned off, put down the gasket and bolt up the shifter back up. It is a purchase you will not regret. BTW, since you have an MGW shifter you will only be using the shifter to transmission gasket and not the shifter handle gasket. It will make a huge difference in how much noise you hear.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think I'm going to hire Trueblueeyes as a salesman. Great job my friend! :)

Users who are viewing this thread