Shifter help on a 03 Cobra

crunkstang1214

Established Member
When i bought my 03 Cobra it had a tri-ax shifter and shifting is a little rough. Could this be in the trans or is it just the tri-ax. Would a new MGW shifter fix this? Has anyone went from a tri-ax to a MGW and liked it better?
Thanks

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
The tranny will always be notchy...I went from stock to MGW so I can't tell ya...did it help yes..

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
It is has catches going in between gears.
..............:dw:

Well, in my experience, all t-56's in Mustangs are VERY "notchy" and are not easy to get into gear. When I say that, I am comparing them to other vehicles like Vettes. I have just learned to deal with it, because I don't think there is anything actually wrong with my Mustang. It's just a very caveman-like vehicle with great power. My trans is the same way that your describing.

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
I have a tri ax and i've driven many cobras with mgw... the mgw is WAY better. When I first got my car, I changed to a tri ax the day I got it. I then changed my trans fluid to royal purple and it helped a lot... I'm not saying this is your problem, but it helped me. Also, this probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but make sure the shift-stops are all the way out.

Users who are viewing this thread