Shipping a car and I'm clueless..

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Car is in NY and will be coming here to Memphis, TN. I've debated on driving it but my schedule won't permit it and that's 1,500 extra miles I don't want on the car. What's a good company to hire? I've gotten one quote for $1,300 for an enclosed trailer. :eek:

What are my options and what are some good companies to use?

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Yep, right at $1,300 for an enclosed with DAS, $1,100 for a top rack on an open trailer.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Suncoast auto transport. I used them and recommended them to a couple people on here, nothing but good results and fast and cheap

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Suncoast auto transport. I used them and recommended them to a couple people on here, nothing but good results and fast and cheap

They gave me a pretty good quote. Better than all the others. Have you used them personally before?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Last edited by a moderator:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member

coposrv

Established Member
Car is in NY and will be coming here to Memphis, TN. I've debated on driving it but my schedule won't permit it and that's 1,500 extra miles I don't want on the car. What's a good company to hire? I've gotten one quote for $1,300 for an enclosed trailer. :eek:

What are my options and what are some good companies to use?

1300 for an enclosed trailer doesn't sound that bad. What car are you looking at?

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
They gave me a pretty good quote. Better than all the others. Have you used them personally before?
I had them ship my cobra from MS to PA, not a single problem and I called them on a Friday, they picked it up that Saturday, and I got it that Sunday

Butter pants

Pfffffft !
Established Member
I had them ship my cobra from MS to PA, not a single problem and I called them on a Friday, they picked it up that Saturday, and I got it that Sunday

That's actually pretty good, some of these companies can't always get them right away and/or deliver so quickly. Even if you have the car delivered to one of their loading facilities, they will try to get an entire truck full of cars before they will schedule the truck for a route.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I believe I got lucky, they give you a 3-5 day window when they are gonna pick it up and drop it off. But they give you at a minimum of a 12hr heads up before

Users who are viewing this thread