Shipping Frustration

Simon_C

Established Member
My car (one day perhaps?) VIN 1ZVBP8JZXE5257674 left the plant on 3 September. It is due to be exported from Miami to Cayman so Ford ships to Miami and the dealer's freight forwarding agent takes over from there.

I thought it must be getting close to delivery so I have been pestering the dealer for an update.

Last week, reading into my dealer's emails, it seems that they had not coordinated with their agent to collect the car from the shipping company (I assume CSX) and they were trying to locate the car. Today I was informed that the car was located at New Boston Michigan.

My guess is that someone wasn't there to sign for the car and the car was sent back to Ford.

Any thoughts?

turbo

Established Member
im sure it never left. there should be no reason at all that it would have gone back.

Simon_C

Established Member
im sure it never left. there should be no reason at all that it would have gone back.

Maybe.

I was told by the dealer that it left on 3 September. I called SVT yesterday and was told that the latest they had on their system indicated that it was in transit on 12 September.

I assumed because it doesn't get shipped to a dealer and if there is no one around to collect the car they are not going to leave it abandoned in a railyard.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It left the plant.

New Boston is just a train yard. There probably isn't a "full train" heading your way yet.

Simon_C

Established Member
Did you order and buy a new American-destined GT500 or an export GT500?

It is an export. Ford ships as far as Florida.

I believe New Boston is a large "Blending Yard" where they build a train shipment to make a worth while train then it will move pretty fast. Search "train tracking" threads you can call and see where the train car is, get the car number from your dealer he will have to get it from the selling stateside dealer most likely.

CSX System Map - CSX

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/868362-train-tracking.html

Enjoy

Awesome! Thanks for this. I've asked my dealer for the info.

It left the plant.

New Boston is just a train yard. There probably isn't a "full train" heading your way yet.

Thanks Chris. I guess the email I received from the dealer stating they forgot they had to coordinate freight from Florida and they were looking for the car had me alarmed.

Perhaps they could have phrased this better!

Users who are viewing this thread