SHO for sale by dealer

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
:
362104 said:
I would rather have blue than green. Could you post some pics. Now that would be a good deal!!!
keith..if i were you i would jump on this car it sure looks nicer than what you have been looking at plus the trans is new too..the other car you don't know nothing about so get a plane ticket with the thousand dollars you will save and drive that baby home..you seriously need to talk to this man about the blue sho:idea: :idea: :idea:

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
SHOdown220 said:
Sure! Here are some pics!

728877_13_full.jpg

728877_69_full.jpg

728877_71_full.jpg

728877_70_full.jpg

728877_46_full.jpg

728877_26_full.jpg

728877_20_full.jpg
thats a sweet lookin sho you got there:thumbsup:

Banned
Thanks for the pics SHOdown220. Looks like a CC of the green one. Your paint looks better.

Just got back from the test driving it. Has 77K. Everything works. Battery terminals are in bad shape. Spare in the trunk, interior is dam good, Floor mats cleaned and in the trunk. ATF was very red, oil was good. Carfax listed 3previous owners.

$800 in dealer maintenance was performed (Cause it needed it)

I told the dealer $3595. They 1st said 4495, came back with 3995.

I said you got my # and I walked out.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
362104 said:
Thanks for the pics SHOdown220. Looks like a CC of the green one. Your paint looks better.

Just got back from the test driving it. Has 77K. Everything works. Battery terminals are in bad shape. Spare in the trunk, interior is dam good, Floor mats cleaned and in the trunk. ATF was very red, oil was good. Carfax listed 3previous owners.

$800 in dealer maintenance was performed (Cause it needed it)

I told the dealer $3595. They 1st said 4495, came back with 3995.

I said you got my # and I walked out.
ok good deal lets see what happens but the blue one is sweet too:banana:

Banned
This one doesn't have CD, keyless entry or moonroof incase your wondering.
When I got it started, after 2 attempts it sputtered and chugged a little before evertyhing smoothed out.
Also, on the highway a check engine light came on for about 5 seconds. No idea what that was about?

Can you get by with 91 octane or is 93 necessary stock?

Thanks again

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
i would go with 93 for now.. and the check engine light might of came on being it was low on fuel and sat for awile and got moisture or condensation in the fuel tank for being empty for a long time and what causes that is temprature changes between night and day...HOT THEN COLD....if you do buy it i would fill it 3/4 full and put a can of seafome in the fuel tank ..you can buy that at autozone or any parts store..good luck :D

Last edited:

SHOdown220

Established Member
362104 said:
This one doesn't have CD, keyless entry or moonroof incase your wondering.
When I got it started, after 2 attempts it sputtered and chugged a little before evertyhing smoothed out.
Also, on the highway a check engine light came on for about 5 seconds. No idea what that was about?

Can you get by with 91 octane or is 93 necessary stock?

Thanks again

Man, mine has CD, keyless entry, aftermarket alarm, oh, and it runs good too! But no sunroof. Also, 93 is not necessary, regular does just fine, doesn't change a thing.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
SHOdown220 said:
Man, mine has CD, keyless entry, aftermarket alarm, oh, and it runs good too! But no sunroof. Also, 93 is not necessary, regular does just fine, doesn't change a thing.
yea i dont know what happend to him:shrug:

Banned
I haven't went away. I am going to the dealership tom. 1 last time. I checked NADA.com Average retail is $3650 with $725 factored in for low miles.
High retail is $4325 with $725 factored in for low miles. I don't know how they can think it's high retail when the paint doesn't have a high gloss finish.
I don't know what's up with 1994 paint jobs, it has alot of swirling. It seems like little if any clearcoat remains. To get the paint the way it should be will take a considerable amount of time, probably something the dealer doesn't care about. If the dealer won't deal, then I'm done with it.
The last time I was at the dealer I talked him down $1,000 in 3 minutes.

Banned
When I added up the Average & High #'s and divide them it's $3995.

Am I being too anal about the paint condition?

Makes me wonder what they gave on trade? $2500???

It really is in fantastic condition for a WI car, if they would just stay the hell out of the automatic car washes and apply a little TLC. :cuss: :loser: :smmon:

PaulVincent

Established Member
Unless you are in a hurry to part with your money, why don't you continue to look around. That SHO likely will sit at that price, so take advantage of that fact and keep looking (there is no sense in paying too much for an SHO (I had four of them and really like them, but I know how hard it is to sell them for a good price).

PaulVincent

Established Member
Back when the SHO came out, about the only sedan that put out better #'s was the M5 (my brother had one, and they weren't cheap...he also wound up buying two SHOs). So, I got a low mileage (used) '89, liked it and got another...traded the second one on a '90 (knew the first owner), and finally was able to afford a new '97. Fearing bad cams, I traded the '97 when it got about 55,000 on a '99 CSVT...and then got a second CSVT.

qwikhuh

Established Member
SHOdown220 said:

I wonder if that is something with the 3.2 ATX cars? I have a 92 SHO 5 speed and if I run anything other than premium the car pings over 6000 rpms and just feels sluggish around town. I ran 89 for awhile when commuting when premium was $3 a gallon here and went I went back the car felt so much more responsive...If you plan on using the high side of the tach I would not run regular gas in it....Just my opinion. This is my 6th SHO since 95 so I do have some experience to back it up.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
SHOdown220 said:
Also, 93 is not necessary, regular does just fine, doesn't change a thing.
In my experience, in warm/hot weather without the 93 you'll get pinging. In the colder months, 87 is fine.

AXODjunk

Established Member
my 1993 atx

i got my 93 SHO wit 150k but all the gut of a SHO wit 50k for $900
i EAT up 06 Mustangs for lunch. All i got is a cool air intake and some Pirelli p4's

thats way too much

Users who are viewing this thread