SHO for sale by dealer

SHOspazz92

Established Member
AXODjunk said:
i got my 93 SHO wit 150k but all the gut of a SHO wit 50k for $900
i EAT up 06 Mustangs for lunch. All i got is a cool air intake and some Pirelli p4's

thats way too much

I hope to god your joking.

-Sam

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
362104 said:
I would like to see pics of his $900 investment. :nonono:
AXOD died help!!!! this is part of it ^^^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to long ago my AXOD trans died in my 93 SHO. At first the symptoms were weird. When i went fron PARK (P) into DRIVE (D) it would do nothing. If i put it onto NEUTRAL (N) and reved it up to like 3000rpm's for like 5 seconds then put it into DRIVE it would work fine. almost like no fluid pressure. It would only do this sometimes. Also between 2500rpm's and 5000rpm's at about half gas in DRIVE it would slip from 1st to 2nd...weird... Then the other day i was driving along stopd at a red light, then get this... hit the gas, It sliped out of 1st then hammered back into 1st at like 3000rpm's the sliped out again or broke something big then it never worked again.....any suggestions???? HELP iam a broke mother ***er

Last edited:

5SpdSHO

I bought a '93 MTX SHO for around $2k after repairs and it is in pretty decent condition.

I wouldn't pay $3,995 for it, maybe closer to $2500-$3000.

Also, I usually run 93 octane but I have had no problems running 87 in any of my SHOs.

Black1999Cobra

Rollin' with the top down
Established Member
I usually run 89 in my 94 MTX.

I purchased mine in '02 and paid about $3500 and it had 119K miles. I would say that $3500 it still a bit high for this one...especially for a green with with a not-so-great paint job.

I have had 3 SHO's myself...9 total in my immediate family.

Banned
I took care of the neglected paint over the weekend. That dark green never looked better.

Did I mention I bought it from a dealer, not a private party.

phillyphan56

Vandelay Industries
Established Member
i have a 93 sho i bought with a busted trans and only 55k original miles for 750 bucks...dropped in a new tranny thing runs like new its great. i also just invested in a 98 CSVT and having both of those is awesome haha:lol:

blue92

Established Member
362104 said:
I took care of the neglected paint over the weekend. That dark green never looked better.

Did I mention I bought it from a dealer, not a private party.

If you want to check and see if the maintenance has been kept up on that SHO pull one of the spark plug wires out and see if there is any oil on the end of it and look and see if you see any oil in the plug wells. I would never buy a SHO that has a check engine light on. There's too many things that can be wrong with it if it does. If your anywhere near these guys this is were you can get SHO work done right. http://www.nesho.com/

Banned
That check engine light is a thing of the past. The #1 plug well does have a minimal amount of oil present and will be getting serviced soon. I did locate a few shops that know what an SHO is to do the work.:lol: I know the 60K service is good thing:-D

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
362104 said:
That check engine light is a thing of the past. The #1 plug well does have a minimal amount of oil present and will be getting serviced soon. I did locate a few shops that know what an SHO is to do the work.:lol: I know the 60K service is good thing:-D

Yep valve shim adjustments are fun. Watch your water pump for the eventual leaking. It is near the crank sensor. At least it is a 94 and not the dreaded 93 axod-e.

I had a 93 SHO that I bought with 50,000miles and had it for four years. Good luck. Love that motor. But the motor seemed to resent the rest of the car it was encased in. Including the trans.

blue92

Established Member
362104 said:

For a check list of what should be done for the 60/120k go here
http://www.northtexasperformance.com
click on service then click on 60/120k there you will find a list of things that should have been replaced when the 60/120k was done. If all the things on the list have been replaced during the 60k then there should not be any oil in the plug wells.

There's a lot of shops that think they know how to work on a SHO best to have someone that works on them all day long than someone that thinks they do. Also having that list on you will help you find out if the shop you take it to realy does know what they are talking about. If they don't know everything thats on the list for the 60k then don't leave it there. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread