Shoot the heaviest rifle round…shoot at what (you) can hit, and then shoot it again

oldmodman

Established Member
I wonder if my 3 inch barrel S&W500 would be a good stopper?

I always felt that my Desert Eagle 50AE was kinda puny.

As for a rifle? I prefer the Barrett 416 over the 50bmg for it's ability to reach out and touch at that always needed 2 mile range.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Eight gauge shotgun shooting depleted uranium boat-tail parabolic hollowpoint slugs. It does tend to kick, you're gonna feel it the next morning.

MFE

Established Member
That article is a mildly entertaining work of fiction.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I do not know about the heaviest rifle round as I had a friend from High School who was shot once with a .22 caliber pistol in the side and died within seconds.

Supposedly the .22 bullet entered his body and bounced around hitting a vital organ.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
That article is a mildly entertaining work of fiction.

Since the author treated people who were alive, maybe he didn't see too many lethal cases where single shots from all of the rounds he said were ineffective. Trayvon Martin was shot with a single 9mm and died pretty quickly.

If you search the internet enough, you'll see a case where a guy was in a shootout with police. He was shot multiple times with .40 cal handguns and was fighting back. Not until backup arrived with some AR15s did he finally go down. I think he took around 9 shots from the .40s and kept fighting. It was an FBI report as to the effectiveness of the .40 round.

Another was a guy shot with a 12g slug that entered his left rib cage area and exited his right armpit, completely destroying his heart and lungs. He ran out of the apartment and up some stairs to the second floor before collapsing.

nxhappy

Established Member
yea, pretty ****ing sweet

I need more money LOL....just bought a Mp5 and Aug ....I have until December before Komifornia kills the 2nd amendment .....

2000gt4.6

Established Member
In before people start saying those lessons don't apply to the types of wonder bullets used by civilians.

IDK about wonder bullets, but there is a HELL of a difference between FMJ wounds like he is seeing and a hollow point.

FMJ does exactly what it was designed for... poke holes in gear and armor. Not to mention wound personnel (takes 2-3 guys to drag one injuried away and treat em etc).

Not exactly a case in point but I learned this lesson well with my childhood .22. Even squirrel won't drop reliably from a jacketed .22. hollowpoint or lead nose on the other hand knocks em dead.

Users who are viewing this thread