Shop pics build/thread of 2001 Sunset orange WS6(street car)

FastNick01

Established Member
I bought the car several years ago and it has evolved quite a bit. I bought the car bone stock down to the paper filter. 1st owner was a 55 year old man. Car was stolen when it was almost brand new ran into a car, was rebuilt and I bought it from my cousin who got it from a police auction I think. Car carries a theft recovery/rebuilt title so I don't feel that bad making into what it is today.

Alongside my friends SOM, PS his is faster
390.jpg

525.jpg

527.jpg

526.jpg
534.gif

530.jpg

531.jpg

002.jpg

529-1.jpg

517.jpg
519-1.jpg

515.jpg
523-1.gif

172.jpg

Last edited:

FastNick01

Established Member
The actual parts that I acquired over the years. Everything in these pics are on the car along with a tone of other stuff I haven't taken pics of yet

Nickspics161.jpg

Nickspics160.jpg

Nickspics163.jpg

Nickspics059.jpg

156.jpg

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Takes alot of patience to sit on parts like that for a long time. I'd have put them on, raced the car, and sold it by the time you have all those on it lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love your Firebird and what you've done to it. I'm glad you don't feel bad making all those mods to a WS6. Some might be against it, but I think they would be the minority. And like you said, it's got a theft recovery/rebuilt title. I love the paint color. :rockon:

SBVERT03

Established Member
If I were to ever get another 4th gen fbody it would definitely be a SOM WS6 or maybe a HOSS. That thing is sick though! Love the license plate too :)

19935.slow

Established Member
Awesome car, I love it. But slicks aren't for street cars. E.t. streets or not. Get a hoosier radial. It's lighter and you'll go a little bit faster. Then its a street car!

FastNick01

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words, The title (street car) was more or less just put up as a joke, the whole suspension setup is not suppose to be driven on the street at all. I will put very few street miles on the car. Mods are in my sig. Cam used is a TR-TREX 244/250 split 610/615 lift on a 110 LSA. Sounds almost pro stock at full trottle with open exhaust.

Everything shown in the pics are on the Car now. dyno numbers this year should be around 500-510rwhp on motor and around 650rwhp on a 150 wet shot through the T56(speed Density tune).Car ran 11.9 at 122 with a 2.1 60' (still 10-bolt didn't want to break it)with just front runners, full exhaust, lid, bout 200lbs weight savings and a 150 shot. I figure the extra 150hp and 500lbs of weight should help me hit a 9 second time slip I just need to get allot of seat time with the entirely new setup. I'm at roughly 3000lbs with me in it, possibly a little lower. I hope to get everything squared away and ready for the track by Early/mid September

SBVERT03 If I were to ever get another 4th gen fbody it would definitely be a SOM WS6 or maybe a HOSS. That thing is sick though! Love the license plate too
Thanks, not a lot of people get what the plate means, I always get asked about it.

Users who are viewing this thread