Shops around Columbia, SC

SteveC

Established Member
I just moved down to the Columbia, SC area from Vermont. My 2014 GT definitely likes this weather better than up north (multiple feet of snow and tons of salt are not fun). I won't have access to a garage for quite some time so I was looking for some advice from people in or around the area.

Two things:
1. Does anyone know of a reputable Ford dealer in the area for routine service?
2. Are there any performance shops in the area that could install some of the more intricate mods that I can't do at my apartment complex for obvious reasons? A dyno would be nice too. :rolling:

Barryh24

TRMN8ER
Established Member
Pro Dyno in Ft. Mill SC for your performance mods, dyno, etc. They shouldn't be more than an hour or so from you and Dan is awesome with these cars.

SteveC

Established Member
Yeah that is about an hour straight up 77. Thanks for the info, I checked out their site and saw the Steeda and Kooks banners hanging up. I plan on getting Kooks LTs and maybe Steeda suspension if I don't go the BMR route in the future so I can probably use them as a one stop shop.

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
Pro Dyno is hard to get in touch with over the phone (in my experiences at least) but do AMAZING work! I have seen some of the installs and dyno tuning they do and they really are the best in the area! Also they are the official dyno and calibrator of the 2015 S550 mustang!

SteveC

Established Member
I am really glad to hear you also agree that they do great work. As for them being hard to get a hold of, I will just have to keep pestering them until they answer. Otherwise I can just take a drive up that way one day.

Blowntangs

Established Member
Hey I am in Sumter and Dave Moore is one of the best Macon Moore Performance (803)316-6784 leave him a message he is only at the shop at night during the weekdays and days on Friday and Saturday. He built my 760whp cobra and tons more Dan at Prodyno will agree with me Im sure he does all Dave's tuning

SteveC

Established Member
Hey I am in Sumter and Dave Moore is one of the best Macon Moore Performance (803)316-6784 leave him a message he is only at the shop at night during the weekdays and days on Friday and Saturday. He built my 760whp cobra and tons more Dan at Prodyno will agree with me Im sure he does all Dave's tuning

I will have to check them out. Their website says Prodyno does there tunes like you said. Thanks!

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Check out Powercurve Motorsports in pineville, nc.. just about an hour away from Columbia (i go to USC so I make that treck home). They're good guys and Rob is a fantastic tuner, and pretty cheap as well. They're also Kooks dealers if you end up doing LT's. powercurvemotorsports.com and their number is 704-805-4945

SteveC

Established Member
Check out Powercurve Motorsports in pineville, nc.. just about an hour away from Columbia (i go to USC so I make that treck home). They're good guys and Rob is a fantastic tuner, and pretty cheap as well. They're also Kooks dealers if you end up doing LT's. powercurvemotorsports.com and their number is 704-805-4945

I am going to go the LT route to match up my Kooks catback so I will have to check them out.

How far away is Benson NC/ Fastlane is up there and do great work as well.

Benson is about 3 hours away, might be just a tad too far for me.

west cola

cpr

They popped up when I did a google search but their site wasn't working so I wasn't sure if they were still there. It could also be the filters at work as to why the site didn't work.

Travis Lane at Carolina Chassis Dyno just outside of Columbia.

I will have to call them as well. I am glad that there is at least a few places close by.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
Local tuner

Pro Dyno is hard to get in touch with over the phone (in my experiences at least) but do AMAZING work! I have seen some of the installs and dyno tuning they do and they really are the best in the area! Also they are the official dyno and calibrator of the 2015 S550 mustang!

Grew up in the rock hill area and pro dyne had a good name. and some fast cars

Users who are viewing this thread