Should I buy a GT500, GTR, Or z06 c6? Well I tried them all out... Here are my thoughts...

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's a hell of an intro! Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

Post some pictures when you get a chance.

I've heard about the c6 valve train issues, assuming you're talking about the c6's.

I agree with your GTR synopsis. I bet they are amazing in every single way but you lose some of the joy out of actually getting to drive the car.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Welcome to the club! You may want to check to see if your car has ever been on the Shelby registry. Mine was and its free to update the registry with your name as the owner. Might be a long shot to find the prior owner on here, maybe a post in the general forum might be better luck.

My guess is that its probably a stock long block. Does the Whipple on the side say Whipple or Ford Racing?

These machines are simply amazing. They are pretty tough cars too. I was hit at the track by a GTR that broke its driveline. I needed about 5K of body work to repair her (out of pocket I might add) but she's back to her old self.

Depending on what youre wanting to do with the car will probably dictate your mod path. Since you already have a darn healthy blower on the car, rear suspension should likely be your first investment. Post up some pics when you can and lets see whats been done to her!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
... I have an open mind and am in no way a Fanboy of any specific car.....I love all cars.......The z06 straight up disappointed me in every single way.....I then decided to give Ford a shot, I love fords....

I LOL'd. You might be the only person on earth who could not find a single way to be impressed with a c6z.

Congrats on the purchase OP. Pics?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Good intro, out of the choices i would take the shelby as well. Part of the problem with the test drives is the heavily modded shelby vs the stockish other cars. Gtr is mean modded, and a hci c6z will give you a good run against that car. I could never get away with buying one having kids everyone wants to go for a ride. Congrats on the new ride and +1 on the pics. First thing i would do is get a dyno tune asap.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Killer car man, I recognize your avatar pic and I think I know the car you bought.. because I almost pulled the Trigger on it too. haha You're welcome. LOL :D

Would have had to give up my Truck to get it, and after sleeping on it, decided not to go for it.. but congrats to you. Can't wait to hear more about the car.

Disclaimer
I just want to say, that I did drive the car... and I can't lie.. I horse whipped the **** out of it. :p

VenomousGT500

Established Member
Thank you everyone, I look forward to being apart of the family. I cleaned the CAI and MAF and put on a new auxiliary idler pulley, nothing else so far haven't had the time to busy working... Weld rims and drag radials are next. Gauges and a tune are in the mail. It's got a quite a bit of suspension upgrades already. I tracked down the previous owners name it had a registration in the manual along with the window sticker. What a bonus...Here are pictures, let me know what you think!

Q7BGCNSMQFAOMAXEX7YR6EX6WY-600.jpg

ZUP6BKFGVEXWPZBGQNLROHWYWU-600.jpg

SSBUW5RKS6MN4QCVXMMMVO2B4E-600.jpg

NZKAUIAJJIBWJBMIJ3KYV66XQY-600.jpg

FZS7CMJERM64NYXT7MHYHMZJMI-600.jpg

BZ24QMOOGKY4FEHK3RJ3QCSGSU-600.jpg

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
nice score! first thing I wud do is get that car tuned again before u keep smashing the pedal to put that warm and fuzzy look on ur face!:rolleyes: that cud be a costly adventure.....

car aint stock! stock cars can be beat on right off the lot. I wud not ASSume anything. especially since u didn't get it from the guy who built it!

modified cars have modified problems. I wud hate to see u hit high boost and somthn come apart due to a lean condition or somthn else unknown to you.

Users who are viewing this thread