Should I buy it???

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
03 Cobra, black, 36k miles. Steeda intake, shifter, o/r Hpipe, magnapack catback. Never pullied or tuned. No head tick. Test drove it today. Interior is flawless. Exterior has a very minor door ding and one minor rock chip. Couple minor surface scratches. Nothing major. Clean Carfax. Guy wants $22k

I just wasn't wowwed by it, but I feel like I may be passing up a great deal. Thoughts??? :bash:

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
sounds like it is ready for a new owner, pulley, and tune! it does sounds pretty good. not to talk you out of it but if you dont feel it, dont buy it just because you can. you want to love it, and feel that special vibe a man has with his car. there are plenty out there to choose from! take it for what its worth im talking with experience from irrational car purchases in the past..negative equity sucks...good luck in the hunt!

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Sounds like a good deal but if you didn't get "that feeling" from the car, find one that does it for you. I knew as soon as I saw my car that it was for me.

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
Sounds like a good deal but if you didn't get "that feeling" from the car, find one that does it for you. I knew as soon as I saw my car that it was for me.

Yea, I agree...I felt that way about my 2000 GT, my 93 Supra, and my 99 c5 They just felt right, and I knew I had to have them.

I really, really want a white c6 coupe, but new, the lowest I've seen is $45k. This is literally half that price. With the economy tanking...damn, I'm just trying to talk myself into wanting this cobra, but I don't. :(

Black306

Established Member
I've seen that car on craigslist for several months. He recently dropped his asking to 22k. You might want to try and bargain with the guy to see if he'll come down even more. At 22k, you might not want it. But at 20k..... ;)

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Can you buy it outright? Or do have you to finance? If you have the $ and not have any payment I'd have it checked out ,wave 20k at him and use the 2k for mods....................if it feels right.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
22K isn't to bad but you should be able to get it for less... I got mine for about what he is asking and it had over 10K less miles.. Also never pullied and only mods were intake/CB/short shifter...

Juruense

Banned
Door ding? So he was too lazy to park it in the BFE area of the parking lots? What else was he too lazy to do? Hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread