Should I get this truck?

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Hey guys. Just curious and wanted your communities input on my situation. Day by day I feel the restriction of not having a truck. I am military and I just need something to haul gear to and from the house to work, 4x4 isntbreally a necessity and I think the lightning would suit me well. So what do you guysthink of this deal, found an 02 with 68k miles in super good shape, black with two tone interior power everything for 17,900. Kbb says 15500 and nada says 13500 but I also am aware of the type of truck this is. Is this a deal I should hop on? The seller is firm on his price and won't nudge much. Thanks!!

* forgot to add truck appears bone stock never molested!

Last edited:

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
The 03 I just picked up with only 18k miles was 18,000, also completely stock performance wise.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
thats a bit high for the mileage imho but if its pretty much perfect it might be worth it

ibismojo

Established Member
If it has fresh fluids all the way around, new steering linkages, new balljoints, new bushings, new tires, new brake pads, with perfect seats......I'd consider the asking price.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Two-tone interior and power everything? You mean, stock? Take a look on LightningRodder, some good trucks there, and a wealth of knowledge.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Even low mileage, i wouldn't pay that much. I've seen too many better deals on low mileage L's for $15K at times. Plus if it's just to haul stuff around, why get a Lightning? Get a regular 5.4 2X4 for about $7-10K less.

Users who are viewing this thread