Should I keep my Terminator stock?

bigblock390

bigblock390
Established Member
Just wanted to see what the opinions were out there on this issue...I just purchased a 2003 DSG Cobra Vert...16K miles...and BONE stock. No mods at all, still has the OE paper air filter, stock pulley, even has the OE battery still in it! Original tires still on it in great shape! Nothing but oil and filter changes. I would love to start modding the heck out of this car, but she is just too damn perfect for that! I know that just adding a CAI, exhaust, and tune will give me unbelievable gains...but just hate to touch this one. I previously have had 20 plus mustangs before this...all of them had stuff done to them...recently had a 03 Mach 1 that was cammed and over 400 hp with tons of other mods. This one has me wanting to think twice before adding to it...am I crazy not to touch it? I love it the way it sits...but know I would love more power and a few custom things done to it. Would I be ruining the value of the car much, since this one is bone stock. I would not have posted this if I had bought a slightly modded car already...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
How long do you plan on
Keeping it? If not too long
leave it stock it will sell for more. If you plan to hold on too it for a while mod it keep all the stock parts it's your car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you thinking about keeping it stock to make money on it in 20 years? Many people keep all there stock parts and return them to stock before they sell the car. Pretty easy to do and hard to identify if a cobra was modded once returned to stock.

I thought the same thing 4 years ago, until I realized I want to enjoy the car and never plan on selling it.

braindontstop31

Established Member
Are you thinking about keeping it stock to make money on it in 20 years? Many people keep all there stock parts and return them to stock before they sell the car. Pretty easy to do and hard to identify if a cobra was modded once returned to stock.

I thought the same thing 4 years ago, until I realized I want to enjoy the car and never plan on selling it.

+1

Mine was bone stock when I bought it last year with a little over 2000 miles, after I got it home
I was really confused if I wanted to mod it or keep it stock. It is just so darn fun to mod these
cars and enjoy them. I kept telling myself that it is not a Lambo or Ferrari. Mod and Enjoy!!!!!

mkb116

Established Member
I think the days of buying a stock car and letting it sit for years to make money are long gone. Try to find a stock 10, 20, or 30 year old car car that's worth a good chunk of change.. If you want to invest your money, much better options out there. Mod it, enjoy it!

BMR Tech

I would do a TVS on 21psi.....E85....and a 50 dry shot. Throw slicks on it, and go run some 140+ trap speeds.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
If you enjoy the car how it is, leave it stock for a while. If you start to get bored, pulley it, it's like getting a different car. ;)

4601S/C

Established Member
Unless you are planning on selling it make it 'yours', and make yourself happy. Did you buy the car for someone else or for you? Like others have said keep the stock stuff around if you have the room.

bigblock390

bigblock390
Established Member
I have other cars that are already modded up...and run hard and play hard with...this one I may just leave stock for a little while and see. I know these things are getting tougher to find in factory stock condition, and kind of enjoy having one of those "rare" cars for the moment. I'm on the fence with modding it, maybe like Rich'sTRsvt said...keep it stock and mod it when I get bored with it. I dont plan on selling it for a long time, if ever....I may buy another Terminator thats already been modded, and play with it. Kind of leaning towards keeping this one a nice stock weekend cruiser for a little while longer...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have other cars that are already modded up...and run hard and play hard with...this one I may just leave stock for a little while and see. I know these things are getting tougher to find in factory stock condition, and kind of enjoy having one of those "rare" cars for the moment. I'm on the fence with modding it, maybe like Rich'sTRsvt said...keep it stock and mod it when I get bored with it. I dont plan on selling it for a long time, if ever....I may buy another Terminator thats already been modded, and play with it. Kind of leaning towards keeping this one a nice stock weekend cruiser for a little while longer...

Totally up to you, nothing wrong with a stock terminator. That said, my cobra has a tvs blower and drives completely like stock until I hit the go pedal.

bigblock390

bigblock390
Established Member
terminator1_zps61fdd035.jpg
"]
terminator1_zps61fdd035.jpg
[/URL]

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks sharp, if anything you should consider lowering the car and adding full length subframe connectors.

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
I have a CO nice long list of mods and a dsg that's just a few Bolt ons and a tune. I look at the dsg and just go eh I'd rather drive the CO. Mod the he'll out of it and enjoy. You prob won't get your money back out of your mods but modded cars sell well and you'll enjoy it more. I'm going to start modding up the dsg soon. 700+ will make the co a nice friday night ride. The dsg will Make a nice 1000 drive to the track and break hearts ride lol

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I like stock, but I'm different than most. I enjoy a clean, stock car. I did lower my car one inch, but other than that my car is completely stock too. Nice looking cobra you have. They are getting really hard to find like this.

cj428mach

Established Member
I bought my car last winter with less than half the miles yours has and I've modded it. It now has a twin screw, full return system, e85...etc etc. I've kept every original part off the car, and haven't done any mod that can't be undone....hell I haven't even cut or spliced one original wire on the car. You will find out there are plenty of low mileage mint cars out there still so just enjoy yours. I know when I pounced on my OW car I figured it had to be one of just a few mint OW cars with under 8,000 miles on it. Since then I've seen no less than 3 ow cars with 6-8,000 miles on them for sale, lol.

Build the car into what you want it to be, if you think its going to be worth something keep the stock parts. If you don't put them in the marketplace people like me will buy them (I'm a terminator hoarder lol)

Users who are viewing this thread