Should I pull the trigger on a '13??

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Hey guys!

I am currently the proud owner of a 2008 GT500 that I love to death. She only has 3,000 miles... all but 2 were put on by yours truly. She has all the mods in my sig and is an amazing machine.

It is tearing me up considering trading her in for a 2013... but it seems that Ford has fixed every little issue I have with the car mechanically and then some. Oh, and an immense horsepower increase.

Any owner who has done this or would simply like to share their experience with the new beasts, please chime in.

:beer:

CDub

I can't stop
Established Member
Hey guys!

I am currently the proud owner of a 2008 GT500 that I love to death. She only has 3,000 miles... all but 2 were put on by yours truly. She has all the mods in my sig and is an amazing machine.

It is tearing me up considering trading her in for a 2013... but it seems that Ford has fixed every little issue I have with the car mechanically and then some. Oh, and an immense horsepower increase.

Any owner who has done this or would simply like to share their experience with the new beasts, please chime in.

:beer:

I came from a '10 GT500 and will say it was a huge improvement.

nascarcrazy

Established Member
Me to i trade my 10 in, made that feel like there was something wrong with it.drives total different but you have to decide. have fun in what ever you do.R:shrug:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I came from an 08 GT500 as well. This car is so much better in so many ways

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
If it doesn't put a big strain on finances I would for sure do it. With that being said, it is a hard thing to do to go from a paid off car to one with a hefty monthly charge. I plan on keeping the Cobra for at least a few more years before I pick up a gently used one.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
you have 3k miles on the 08. you obviously never drive the car and are gonna take a huge hit in the wallet, so why bother? you gotta ask yourself if only putting 3k miles on it was worth the cash your gonna throw away when selling it.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys! It seems like the overriding theme is do it and don't look back!

As far as the low mileage is concerned... It is certainly not that I never drive it. I simply do not drive it to work as I have a DD and a motorcycle to boot. When I take her out, I DRIVE it like she's never been driven before! Haha.

As far as financially is concerned... It is not an issue of affording the payments. Essentially, I would be keeping the identical payment. The problem is, I have my current ride paid off in 12 months... Buying new puts her back to 60 or 72 months. Fairly certain I could spend the freed up cash on mods in a year and have her spank even a '13. But that is true of any make/model.

Users who are viewing this thread