Should I rebuild now or....

modforce

Established Member
I have a 96 Cobra I just bought and the bottom end is still together but the heads are off the motor. Car was getting hot I was told. I am not sure if they burped the motor when they refilled the radiator as the person who owned the car does not know much at all about motors. I am going to have the heads checked out ot make sure they are ok. If so I was going to do a valve job plus a port/polish on them and MAYBE some cams and springs. Will this weakend the bottom end by having the heads done? The motor has 106K on it. I am on a budget but I want to do it right. The car will also be getting Long tubes and other bolt ons done as well.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If you can afford it I say rebuild now. Otherwise you should be fine with a little work in heads and replace the worn out valve springs. I do suggest getting your intake worked on though if you do port the heads. Otherwise you probably wont see any gains from the head work. A short runner would really compliment head work. Short runner and a little head work would probably net you 330+rwhp which is pretty good for a B head motor. Also consider milling the heads to get a tad more compression.

Users who are viewing this thread