should i resleeve my block?

96lasersvt

Established Member
I have a brand new ford racing 2013 block that im putting forged internals in for my build. It will be tt with 10:1 comp and i will be using e85. Im wanting to make about 1000hp at the crank or about 800 at the wheels. I can go on and buy the rest of the bottom end for what it costs to resleeve the block, but i only want to do this once. Will the block hold or should i just bite the bullet and have it done and have to wait on the rest.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Assuming a good tune, there is no reason a stock block can not handle 800 wheel. They have been proven to handle 1,000 wheel. Some have had luck with slightly more than 1,000 wheel but a lot of factors play in to that and you're starting to play with fire. If you truly think you'll be content 800 wheel, I'd leave it be. If you plan on pushing it upwards of 1,000, I would consider addressing the sleeves.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Do it once and not worry about it again. You'll probably wanna cranck up the boost more at some point anyway. We all want more!

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You are borderline HP for having a reliable 800RWHP, the stock block can certainly handle it a few times but this is not a chance we would suggest, and , as another member mentioned you can turn it up more later (which we always do !) The MMR Gen 2 Pro mod sleeve is what we would suggest , you can send in your existing block to us and the cost is $2399. Best of luck with your project, let us know if you have any questions!

MMR

10407814_1561598350741670_6225593434499047315_n.jpg

96lasersvt

Established Member
I know we all want more, but i think 800 at the wheels would be enough. Its just a street car that i will take to the track maybe 3 times a year. My local track has 2 races a year for street cars that i like and i would love to go to the nmra race at bg next year since its kinda local too. I just want to build it, get a good tune and set it and forget it. Another thing is if im not at the track or out having fun, im pretty easy on my car. Im getting older and have more self control than most. I just dont want to put all the money in this thing and have it blow a cylinder in a month, but its killing me driving this thing around stock while saving money and waiting for the warranty to run out too.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Lol...I hear ya, I get accused of driving like a grandma. I'm more afraid of losing my DL than I want to enjoy beating my ride. If you don't think you'll want more than 800 whp then keep it as is. Maybe even dial the tune down a tad to 750 to be safe. Either way that's a hell of a lot for the street

96lasersvt

Established Member
Really the only time i plan on beating my car would be the 3 or so track days and if i run into some kid or some jackass on the street that thinks he is john force. Any other time i might as well have a prius lol. Im no stranger to fast cars though. My first was a 1980 mustang that was pretty quick for the time. It was a mild 306 with a c4 that me and dad put together. I also had a 01 z28 that was cam only that ran well and a 04 gto that 6 months after i got it was barely streetable lol. My last being a 96 cobra with a procharger. Ive already got the block, boss crank, manley h-beams w/arp2000's and all the main and head studs. Was going to go with manley for the pistons too.

Users who are viewing this thread