Should I Upgrade my HD again?

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
So in my Macbook Pro, I took out the wimpy 120gb hd and put in a 640gb hd (5400RPM) now Western Digital has a 1TB out but its 5200RPM's. Should I upgrade? Will I see a HUGE performance loss from the 200rpms?

I would go with an external, but I really dont want anything to carry around with me. I use this laptop to DJ with. and my 640gb only have 300gb left. and I have another 500gb of music left. I'd like to have ALL my music on my laptop to carry it all on my MAC, instead of on the other 2 harddrive players i have for my DJ rig.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

ViciousJay

Established Member
if your gonna upgrade the only thing i would even consider is a a SSD, an SSD coupled with extra ram will FLYYYY

get a time machine wireless capsule for data storage :) i spent some money but damn it was worth it, boot time from a power button to OS was 12 secs flat

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
For music playing, I doubt you'd notice the performance loss.

Just how much music do you have?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely have a need to upgrade. I think you'll be fine with the 5,200 drive. You're not really going to notice the difference. How much is the drive? I'm just curious.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Do you have a link to this HD? I was looking WD HD that is 750GB, but if 1TB is already available I might go that route instead.

Users who are viewing this thread