Should I wait for the 2015?

ryda85

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have been thinking of picking up a CPO 2013 or new 2014 soon and was curious if you think the 2015 will be worth waiting for. Local dealer has a leather recaro/brembo automatic CPO I have my eye on.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
Bought my 2014 and never looked back.

Also, when there's a complete redesign of a car, the first year is usually the worst because they're still working out the kinks and then eventually re-release a revised version 1-2 years later.

The 2005 corvette was a perfect example, damn thing had electrical gremlins and BAD ones. They fixed them in the 2006+ models but everyone with an 05 was screwed.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Bought my 2014 and never looked back.

Also, when there's a complete redesign of a car, the first year is usually the worst because they're still working out the kinks and then eventually re-release a revised version 1-2 years later.

The 2005 corvette was a perfect example, damn thing had electrical gremlins and BAD ones. They fixed them in the 2006+ models but everyone with an 05 was screwed.

While I agree with this statement, I don't think the 15 mustang will be that much different mechanically from the previous generation with the exception of IRS. I wouldn't be worrying about any gremlins if I were interested in picking up a 15 mustang.

With that said tho, I'm thinking besides the IRS that there won't be that much difference in the previous generation and the new one except for a few more horses picked up and possible a few pounds lost. Keep in mind too that Ford stated there will be a price increase on mustangs. I'm wondering how much they will up the price tag

Brute

Established Member
For me, I like my solid rear axle (with Griggs Racing watts link) and the firmness of the S197 generation. I prefer the known great qualities of the 2005-2014 models over the changes and unknown qualities of the next generation. That includes the IRS.

Having made that observation, cars are like art. There should be no dispute about a person's particular taste and preference.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Personally if you like the looks then why not. Performance shouldn't be below a 2014. I would want to know what the SVT model would be though. I would t settle for a GT if they then produce a GT350, Mach, Cobra, etc.

13GT5.0

Established Member
Looks wise I say the 13-14 its just my opinion, I sat in the 15 and looked it over quite abit, it still didnt grab me like the one I have. I wasnt wowed either by the front end of it.

Clemson

Established Member
Looks wise I say the 13-14 its just my opinion, I sat in the 15 and looked it over quite abit, it still didnt grab me like the one I have. I wasnt wowed either by the front end of it.

Yea, I checked it out at the Charlotte 50th event - the interior is pretty cool, but exterior wise, I don't care for the 15 at all. I have a 2013 Fusion and quite frankly, the 15 mustang looks like a 2 door version of the Fusion from the front end, headlights, side panels, roofline, rear quarter windows.......just not digging it. Ford trying to make all their vehicle lines look similar is the dumbest thing they have ever done IMO.

G-Mann

Established Member
At this stage in the game I would at least wait until some performance specs are released before making a final decision.

Even though I prefer the looks of the current gen better Today, if I were in the market for a mustang right now I would go for the 2015 for the advancements no question about it. I think the looks will grow on folks and start to tilt in its favor when they get on the road. Wait a couple months for the specs cause if it comes in 400lbs lighter with 40 more HP and does a better job of getting power to the ground, your gonna be pissed for not holding out. If no considerable improvements then find a great deal on a current gen.

Ford does have some good 2014 deals going on right now and seem to be offering top dollar to get 2011 and 2012 owners to bite on a 2014.

Last edited:

GCubersoldat

Established Member
While I agree with this statement, I don't think the 15 mustang will be that much different mechanically from the previous generation with the exception of IRS. I wouldn't be worrying about any gremlins if I were interested in picking up a 15 mustang.

With that said tho, I'm thinking besides the IRS that there won't be that much difference in the previous generation and the new one except for a few more horses picked up and possible a few pounds lost. Keep in mind too that Ford stated there will be a price increase on mustangs. I'm wondering how much they will up the price tag

There might not be a huge difference mechanically but it could be a repeat of 2010-2011 where the 2010's came with the 3v in the new body then all of the sudden they released the coyote the next year and left 2010 owners cursing at the sky lol

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
There might not be a huge difference mechanically but it could be a repeat of 2010-2011 where the 2010's came with the 3v in the new body then all of the sudden they released the coyote the next year and left 2010 owners cursing at the sky lol

the big difference with that though, is that EVERYBODY knew the Coyote was coming for 2011. As far as the S550 goes, no leaks have mentioned any changes beyond the SVT models. Ford has pretty much even said that Direct Injection isn't on the table yet.

PeteDinMA

Established Member
I have been burnt too many times wanting to be the field durability tester for a manufacturer. Not by the Ford. Mo. Co. btw! I have been lucky a couple of times with brand new stuff that was all good. I will not take any more calculated risks to be the first on the block to have the new toy. I let everyone else that wants that notariety do the job. I now like to wait until the 3rd MY of a redesign for piece of mind.
Besides that, the dealers are going to hold everyone hostage on the 15. This would be addendums over sticker, nothing for your trade etc. They are already foaming at the mouth!
Here is something to ponder also depending if you plan on marrying your next Stang. Of the mid-year 63-67 Corvettes, which ones are the most desireable most today? Mainly the 66s and 67's right? Why is that? Well they are the last of that body style and have the more refinements since that platform was released and discontinued. Could this same scenario repeat itself with the S-197?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ford sold out to the Euro crowd. Lost its American Muscle cues. If you like the look of it go for it, I for one will not. Next Stang will be a 14 Shelby. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread