Do we need a Dr. Phil area?

• Yes

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Friendchicken

Alot of people with girl/guy/family issues...

I'd love to browse without having 4 out of 10 threads be classified as "Dear Abby" content.

(at least the questions regarding dating...)

Last edited by a moderator:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Dr. Phil is surely needed.

Dr_Phil_McGraw.jpg

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I think we just need a seperate "girl problems" sub section. that would clean up half the posts in Road Side.

and I only have 1 contribution, so I don't think Im that bad. Too bad it turned out like shit

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I think the number of "no's" will equal the number of people who will have their posts moved to the new Phil forum.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
The Piper said:
We do its called "SmackDown", its been there since the site started. We have been fixing life issues, and questions for almost 5 years now.

If that's the case, we need to rename Road Side Pub.

Friendchicken

The Piper said:
We do its called "SmackDown", its been there since the site started. We have been fixing life issues, and questions for almost 5 years now.
While yes, the site has been around for 5 years, only recently have I seen so many threads dedicated to asking for help with a particular personal problem and asking for advice, that the original poster has no intentions of acting on.

Don't get me wrong, I do like to discuss general issues and the occasional life struggle, but I am a car guy and I come here to interface with other SVT owners (and other car enthusiasts), not teenagers who come here asking "is 14yrs is too young" lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
98kobra said:
While yes, the site has been around for 5 years, only recently have I seen so many threads dedicated to asking for help with a particular personal problem and asking for advice, that the original poster has no intentions of acting on.

Don't get me wrong, I do like to discuss general issues and the occasional life struggle, but I am a car guy and I come here to interface with other SVT owners, not teenagers who come here asking "is 14yrs is too young" lol.

Something you just have to roll with I guess. Ive been here since almost day one, and ive seen people come and go. Ive seen topics stupid beyond belief, and ive seen people put up some heart touching posts. Its a family here, I guess people feel comfortable posting about stuff, and trust us with suggestions. So its more then a car website, and im sure you will find that out as time goes on.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Yes it is called www.drphil.com!!!
From this point on I am going to forward all of these silly ass relationship threads started by teenagers to drphil.com

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
From this point on I am going to forward all of these silly ass relationship threads started by teenagers to drphil.com

Maybe we can get a Road Side Pub forum made on that site instead.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
As of late that would prove to be a better solution:thumbsup:

I think we might even be able to get a shot on the show...

"Online car forums reveal love-struck teenagers...coming up next."

:thumbsup:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
FordSVTFan said:

We need to start moving every snivel bitch thread to smackdown. :fart:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
We need to start moving every snivel bitch thread to smackdown. :fart:

Damn, and it was just getting to be good in there with all the other relationship topics...

203Cree

Established Member
Maybe we can put relationship threads and polls in the same section. We could call it "Crap no one really gives two shits about, it's pointless, but hey, I'm gonna post it anyway Cafe".

Great pic.. ok lets see who can photoshop the best captions..

"PIIHB"

Dr_Phil_McGraw.jpg

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
203Cree said:
Maybe we can put relationship threads and polls in the same section. We could call it "Crap no one really gives two shits about, it's pointless, but hey, I'm gonna post it anyway Cafe".

By poll you mean poll, or pole...

Users who are viewing this thread