Show me your CAI/RAI with a strut tower brace

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Tried the search, no luck. I have the JLT RAI and not only am I concerned about clearance issues over the pipe on the RAI, but overall looks in the engine bay. Some guys swear by these, some don't. I'm looking at the MM and Steeda ones.

It looks like the MM for the '03/'04 Cobras have a slight rise on the left side. The RAI tubing into the TB is fairly flat, but the 4" pipe looks like it could get kinda close. I'm not running a twin-screw, so clearance over the Eaton is not a concern, just over the RAI. And no CC plates either. Thanks.:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know the Steeda strut tower brace doesn't go over the JLT intake so clearance isn't an issue. I believe the MM works the same way. Here is a photo of the Steeda brace mounted on a 2003 Cobra. Note where the brace passes over the intake rubber tubing.
SteedaBrace.gif

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Thanks Bob, looks like the Steeda is out. The MM looks to have a "bump" over the intake side. Thats what I'm curious about. I guess I need to measure where the elbow ends and the pipe begins in relation to where the bar would cross over. I think it would look nice in the engine bay and if it helps stiffen up the car a bit more, great. But I don't want to get rid of my JLT RAI to have it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
My car came with a Steeda already on it, and when I put on the C+L cast intake pipe, it wouldn't clear - not even close! I ended up cutting 2 areas out of the brace in a semi-circle shape for clearance, then welded plates to close the tubing again, for a finished look, and to regain the strength. Of course the welding destroyed the powdercoat, so now I have to decide whether to chrome it, or re-powder it. I'm pretty sure that the MM one will clear, but since I already had this one, I figured I would put some sweat equity into it and custom fit it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those are great pics guys! Should be a big help to Scott.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Definate big help! Looks like the one made to clear the larger blowers such as the Whipple allows it to also clear the JLT on the intake side. The main bar passes exactly over where the rubber elbow meets the 4" pipe.

I'll have to get on the MM website and see if the one made to clear the Whipple/KB is a different part # than the regular one. SVTP comes through again!:beer:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Those are great pics guys! Should be a big help to Scott.

Does anyone have pics of the MM brace with a Whipple and a JLT High Boost CAI? The MAF housing on the high boost CAI is connected to the elbow from the TB and this is the area that concerns me...:shrug:

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
I bought the MM STB for Whipple/KB Cars. This way I have extra clearance now and when I upgrade in the future I can keep the same STB. The thing is they send you instruction how to install it on a KB/Whipple car so what I did was went on their site and used the directions for it to fit on the stock eaton.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
That Kenny Brown is sweet looking, I like that matte black alot. I don't think those are made anymore, right?

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Here is mine, its a custom made part... I am prob going to sell it since it doesn't clear the hood with the whipple....

whipple003.jpg

P2071256.jpg

Here it is with the eaton:
Sticker035.jpg

Its made in 3 pieces, the 2 parts that bolt under the CC plates and the main bar so if you wanna work on the motor, remove the blower or work on the car with out it on you wont mess with your alignment.

Zeekmann

Established Member
I think this is the steeda, it came on my car, still trying to find what will fit. Looks like the C&L cone is all I can do. Let me know what will fit if you know.

april09128.jpg

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Ive been wanting a MM motorsports strut bar. I heard it wont clear the C&L intake pipe i have. Does anyone know?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Looking at the pics with the MM mounted with the JLT intake, I'd say it should clear. I had to modify my Steeda one a lot to get it to clear the C+L on my car. If I had to so it again, I probably would have just bought the MM one, and sold the Steeda rather than going through all of the work to custom fit it.

Users who are viewing this thread