Show&Tell me your 96-98 Cobra nitrous set up

Slo_GTS

Established Member
I bought a 96 Cobra last spring(2013) it was a mark8 engine with a 1.7 KB. Well it was a weak engine and was never tuned for the KB so started to smoke(pretty sure bad rings) last fall. So im going to ditch the KB and do another mark8 engine which I have already and do 150-200 shot of nitrous. so I need some ideas. I never play with nitrous before so this will be a first. My plans are 39lbs injectors off 03/04 cobra. I have long tube headers and full 2.5 exhaust. I will have it tune too. it has a 255lph pump already. I was looking at the nitrous outlet plate set up that can handle a 400 shot. Im just doing this for something I can drive in nice weather. I have another 96 Mystic cobra that im finishing up with a 3.4 crusher.

wildman97

Established Member
I'm interested to see how well the Mark VIII motor takes a 200 shot? Please tell me you're forging the bottom end? Are you selling the Kenne Bell?

Slo_GTS

Established Member
Yes I am selling the KB. My local tuner has done stock gt an cobra with 150 shot. That is what I will do. An I'm just doing a stock mark8

Prototype007

Established Member
Single nozzle and plate kits don't distribute that well on the Cobra's with a stock style intake and a large shot.

Given a dry shot doesn't have the fuel puddling problem at the bottom of the intake manifold, but it still doesn't distribute well to all the runners.

F8L BYT

Established Member
I ran a 100 shot on my 98 for a few years and it ran exceptionally well. Make sure you do it right like getting the window switch etc. I was using a wet kit with a shark nozzle. Pulled 2 degrees myself and that was it. Along with 4.10's, K&N filter, and midpipe back exaust I ran a 11.8 @116 with slicks and skinnies

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I ran a 100 shot on my 98 for a few years and it ran exceptionally well. Make sure you do it right like getting the window switch etc. I was using a wet kit with a shark nozzle. Pulled 2 degrees myself and that was it. Along with 4.10's, K&N filter, and midpipe back exaust I ran a 11.8 @116 with slicks and skinnies
That's awesome! What transmission was this all with?

LilBerx

Established Member
Nitrous outlet plate kit, 100 shot. Made 370/383. Running a NOS mini progressive window switch. I love it!
9F38D8FE-AE0F-459D-9882-752299691B3E_zpsefrsu2ia.jpg

Prototype007

Established Member
This reminds me that I need to go ahead and put my dry kit on, just so I can share pictures as well! :beer:

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
well i dont have a pic right now but ive got a sniper universal wet kit that is piped into my intake pipe.its 6 inches infront of the throttle body and came with jets from 50-125 .i run 100 in it with stock tune and one step colder plug .i have a button on my shifter knob to actvate it .nothing fancy .very efective if the tires break loose i just let off and keep the hammer down then hit it again.

F8L BYT

Established Member
That's awesome! What transmission was this all with?

Well initially it was with the stock t45 until It blew up lol Then I built it with pretty much everything but a 26 spline and it held just fine, shifted soooooo much better with the newer forks etc.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Well initially it was with the stock t45 until It blew up lol Then I built it with pretty much everything but a 26 spline and it held just fine, shifted soooooo much better with the newer forks etc.
Lol I figured. So, pretty much a T45 source trans or did you build it yourself? Forks make a huge difference. I want the juice but don't want to buy a trans.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Lol I figured. So, pretty much a T45 source trans or did you build it yourself? Forks make a huge difference. I want the juice but don't want to buy a trans.

Oh come on lol, we all know that stock transmission is going to need a rebuild sooner or later anyways! Go with the street/strip transmission from the T45 source! I hammer on mine all the time without issue, and feel completely confident that it wont break because I shifted too hard. That's a good feeling.

96dreamer

Established Member
175 wet shot, solenoids in the fender and purge out the hood hinge gasket. Have a digital msd window switch, wot switch, mechanical pressure gauge and bottle warmer
IMG_0230.jpg

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Oh come on lol, we all know that stock transmission is going to need a rebuild sooner or later anyways! Go with the street/strip transmission from the T45 source! I hammer on mine all the time without issue, and feel completely confident that it wont break because I shifted too hard. That's a good feeling.
haha maybe so, smooth sailing right now though. Yeah that's what I will eventually go with, but with school coming up I don't really want to spend $1500 right now. I've heard a lot of good things about Zak's transmissions. I do want the juice though! Headers for these cars suck. TOB has a slight whistle once in awhile already though.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
175 wet shot, solenoids in the fender and purge out the hood hinge gasket. Have a digital msd window switch, wot switch, mechanical pressure gauge and bottle warmer
IMG_0230.jpg

I've noticed a lot of people aren't running mechanical gauges any more. Do you have it tapped into a port near the engine and then a few feet of line going to the gauge in the cabin? I have one but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not.

stroked mach

Established Member
I have a shark nozzle with a 175 shot now I have had nos for years and love it all but the bottle thing needing filled so much if u use it a lot I have a stroked block and I am going to do a 200 shot and e85 this winter with a plate kit

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
haha maybe so, smooth sailing right now though. Yeah that's what I will eventually go with, but with school coming up I don't really want to spend $1500 right now. I've heard a lot of good things about Zak's transmissions. I do want the juice though! Headers for these cars suck. TOB has a slight whistle once in awhile already though.

Ya, I hear you with school and money lol. I'm done in December finally! The fact that you would have to remove the front suspension to remove the K frame to remove the headers to remove the transmission makes me not want to do headers lol. If I had a removable bell housing I would have no problem with headers on these cars though. I'm only going to do headers once I have a tubular K member in at the minimum. Even then I'd want a removable bell housing. http://www.thet45source.com/t45-bell-housing-adapter-kit.php Hopefully next time I beat my transmission into the ground I can upgrade to that part LOL

96dreamer

Established Member
I've noticed a lot of people aren't running mechanical gauges any more. Do you have it tapped into a port near the engine and then a few feet of line going to the gauge in the cabin? I have one but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not.

I had an extra purge "t" when doing my install so i ran a few feet from the solenoids through the firewall up to the gauge bezel surround with 2 2-1/16" gauges. Works fine and has never given me problems with leaking. I also have an electric fuel pressure gauge in the same bezel since i got rid of the fuel pressure safety switch.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I had an extra purge "t" when doing my install so i ran a few feet from the solenoids through the firewall up to the gauge bezel surround with 2 2-1/16" gauges. Works fine and has never given me problems with leaking. I also have an electric fuel pressure gauge in the same bezel since i got rid of the fuel pressure safety switch.

Awesome, good to hear. That's exactly what I'm planning on doing, even with the gauge bezel surround. Only the other gauge will be an AFR instead of fuel pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread