Show&Tell me your 96-98 Cobra nitrous set up

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Ya, I hear you with school and money lol. I'm done in December finally! The fact that you would have to remove the front suspension to remove the K frame to remove the headers to remove the transmission makes me not want to do headers lol. If I had a removable bell housing I would have no problem with headers on these cars though. I'm only going to do headers once I have a tubular K member in at the minimum. Even then I'd want a removable bell housing. http://www.thet45source.com/t45-bell-housing-adapter-kit.php Hopefully next time I beat my transmission into the ground I can upgrade to that part LOL
Yeah it sucks lol. Nice that's awesome! Then you'll be making good money. Exactly, that whole process is retarded and not worth it. But my car lacks that mid range power I can get from headers. Yeah Ford went full retard on the 1 piece set up. haha well I think the T45 source will last a long while. Decisions decisions. When school starts there will be no time for mods.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Lol I figured. So, pretty much a T45 source trans or did you build it yourself? Forks make a huge difference. I want the juice but don't want to buy a trans.

I bought everything I wanted for it parts wise and then had a guy who works for RPM transmissions build it (he does ford 5sp on the side) Total with parts and labor I had ~1,000 dollars in the whole build, that was billet 1-2, 3-4 shift forks from the t45 source, carbon fiber synchros, solid billet keys, & brass sliders. I think that was it? It was years ago so I can't remember completely lol. But it held up just fine on the street and 6k rpm launches on slicks with spray. And I am hard on transmissions lol Have broken 3 t45's, and 2 t5's

Users who are viewing this thread