Shutting Detroit down video

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
the real sad thing is the ballout money that the government gave GM and Chrysler, there not even using it on american made parts, the company i work for use to have over 30% of our fuel pumps go to them and its dwindled down from 30% to about 10-13% of our product, all of our business went to a fuel pump plant in korea that GM loves to buy from.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Did anyone read the responses?Here`s one that kinda hit me.
Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) :
my husband played this part in real life last week as they shut down Borg Warner plant in Muncie, IN. God Help us....

That's gotta be tough. My job takes me away from my family a lot (I'm in Japan at the moment) and anytime I want to complain, all I have to do is take a moment to think about all the folks who are out of work right now and then I'm just thankful to be able to pay the bills and put food on the table, much less have money left over for toys.

Great song and video. :beer:

WHITE99SNAKE

Established Member
Exactly

It digusts me! The most frustrating part is that most of the country is blind to it and still throwing their money at imports.

And thinking they are making the smarter, better, more reliable, intelligent, and correct choice.

And quit throwing that "It's a global market" excuse in my face. REALLY? How could I have ever guessed that with a business degree from a competitive college with a concentration in marketing. Maybe I also just don't get it working for a global mutual fund company.

The people suffering are our neighbors. Your neighbors are going to be the ones who support your business with their $$$$. Explain to me how much easier it is to get clients, customers, and sales in Japan or Europe vs the guy down the street buying your product. (explanation = the American worker is easier to get as a customer for your business than the factory workers in Japan or Europe. But they won't be able to buy your product in return if you don't buy their cars.)

Foreign manufacturers have plants here in the US. That is correct and many US citizens make their living there. But where are the engineering jobs, design jobs, middle - upper management jobs, HR jobs, accounting jobs, or finance jobs?

It is American to have a choice!!! It's just so sad that perceptions have been created that it is better to buy foreign made crap.

Last edited:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
the real sad thing is the ballout money that the government gave GM and Chrysler, there not even using it on american made parts, the company i work for use to have over 30% of our fuel pumps go to them and its dwindled down from 30% to about 10-13% of our product, all of our business went to a fuel pump plant in korea that GM loves to buy from.

This is axactly the thing that kills me. I for one do love American autos. But its things like this that just confuse the crap out of me. I as of right now own a GMC Yukon( bought new) and a Toyota Tundra(also new). Fact is everywhere I went up here loooking for my first choice truck ( Chevy 6.0L Crewcab 4X4) no one would even give me the time of day as far as trying to make a sale. Even now when times are hard I was astounded by the attitude most of the dealers had when I tried to get the best value for my dollar. Almost like it was an insult to them. I'll admit My Yukon cost more even then than my Tundra cost last year but the fact of the matter was that the dealer I bought it(Yukon) from then was a great fella and very modest. Gave me answers to almost everything I asked and wasn't to proud to debate and discuss build comparisons between their product and the competitions.As far as my truck purchase went down though, kicker was finally at one place(GM Dealer)they gave me a good deal then after they found out I already had financing through my credit union they withdrew the deal from the table cause I wouldn't finance through them. Me and my wife were floored. We just stood up and walked out.:nono: And b4 someone askes, I just didn't want a Ford or Dodge for the fact that I've never really liked the looks of the Dodge and I'm really not impressed with the 5.4L in the F150. Just my opinion. Not trying to offend anyone.

Jefe

Established Member
If we only knew the big picture of what is happening today. Detroit is a small small part of things we're about to see. This country is being destroyed from within.

All they needed to shutdown Detroit was the Green Movement. Look at how well they pushed that agenda. People are driving $40k POS Toyota Prius's like they're in fashion. Now think about what else they could do and what you think is not even possible. IT IS POSSIBLE. OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA

camaross0002

Established Member

see this right here is one of the problems with the us more and more american car parts are made foriegn and then shipped to the usa for final build. But the thing that people need to start opening their eyes to is when you go shopping for anything look where the product was made. Most of these small stores people see shutting down were the joints that carried american made products but now you got all these big box stores and everything carrying only foriegn made product. Yeah these executives make millions but the american public has lost its roots of manufacturing. You hear of all these companies closing down shop problem is that they are shipping everything overseas or north or south.

Take for example there is a thread on here about a plant in brazil for ford 1 of the biggest plants ever made. But again where is the plant BRAZIL yeah even ford is not american made. America has lost its manufacturing roots and guess what america wake up we need to get those roots back by buying american and stop buying this foriegn made shit. Yeah it's cheaper at walmart but goto a store that sells american and spend an extra dollar or two.
America wake up start buying american start forcing these companies to bring jobs back to america so that america can be competitive.

Doesn't help when you morobama signs a freaking stimulus and can't even stick to his word and leave the clause buy american in it. That's what is pathetic or how about all these bailouts aig, citigroup, and alot of others why are we bailing out foriegn companies **** them help america first.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
sadly its not just Detroit. my dad got hit after 32 yrs of being an exec. thx god he got his pension

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I sell Fords,we sales folks get $150.00 a week, and a wallet full of " hope " when we
go to work. We have no pension and I am so heartfelt to whats happended to all the auto workers and of course suppliers. I have been offered positions at import dealers
but always declined. We must and will get through this...but damn it hurts like hell
for the now and the future. Have you driven a Ford lately? They are great.

Users who are viewing this thread