Side scoop replacement

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Had a fallen tree branch snag and destroy my right side scoop yesterday. It's gone.

Searched the web and couldn't find internet dealer who sells side scoop painted Sonic Blue. Also couldn't find any aftermarket scoops other than louvered ones as part of Steeda kit.

Anyone know if prepainted Cobra scoops (with different mesh material than GT) are available anywhere? Or if someone has a Sonic Blue right to sell, please PM me. Or, anyone know of any interesting (perhaps thinner) aftermarket scoops that I can paint? Always thought the stock scoop stuck out too far, anyway.

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
I've got two DSG side scoops that I took off of mine if you are interested.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
hey, i am very interested.
my sidescoopes are full of rock chips for some reason.
please email me some pictures to see their condition and a reasonable price and we might have a deal.
i was planing on getting some saleen sidescoops, but i rather keep the stock look.
thanks.

a94cobra

Established Member
PhillyCobra>> If you find a deal on a set of blue ones I need a drivers side. I will split the cost with ya.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Love this board guys!

Mystichorme, thanks for the 5.0 suggestion-- ordered set of take offs in my color today. Should get them in a few days.

a94, if they look right when I get them, I'll contact you about taking the driver's side scoop. They were pretty cheap.

a94cobra

Established Member
PhillyCobra>>> I definatly need one. So just let me know. I can PayPal just as soon as you need.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Id try out Bullitt scoops. i just got mine installed yesterday and it looks way cleaner. I wished they put these on in the first place. I'll post up pics as soon as I got some.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
Id try out Bullitt scoops. i just got mine installed yesterday and it looks way cleaner. I wished they put these on in the first place. I'll post up pics as soon as I got some.
Are these the side scoops you installed?
Bullitt Side Scoop.jpg

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Yes, those are the ones CobraBob. Mine looks like mp3stang's car except black and without lowering springs, lolz. Actually, mp3stang is the one that gave me the idea of putting them on. :beer: I'll get some pics hopefully tonite after I finish installing my fueldoor.

Last edited:

a94cobra

Established Member
I was kinda fond of the stock scoop. Don't really like the bullit scoop.

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Yeah, not too big on the mach scoops, I sorta like the stock cobra ones, I would however like to see them a functional air scoops directing air to the rear brakes perhaps?? ;-) with a nice mesh grill rather then that crappy black plastic poop they filled it with...

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I was fond of it too til it kept flying off, lolz. Its cause of an accident I had before and the dealerships shop didn't fix the side scoop holes properly and ended up being too big for the clips to hold properly. But, these Bullitts arent going anywhere since the front part is double taped to the car and seems pretty well stuck on there.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Are these the side scoops you installed?
Bullitt Side Scoop.jpg

Those look great - like part of the car, not an add-on.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
a94,

Sorry, haven't read the board for a few days. I got the pair of scoops and used the passenger side. Only problem is they have the Gt, not the Cobra, grill insert. I am looking to get the Cobra insert from a FRPP dealer (it's in the catalogue).

I'd be happy to sell you the driver's scoop with the GT insert if you want. It appears in excellent condition. Or you might want to wait and I'll see if I can get the Cobra insert next week (I'll be away til mid week). It's much better to replace the grill insert before you put on the sccop. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread