Side splitters installed

Ky GT500

Established Member
Personal thoughts here,,,if you're not going to change the front splitter, rear diffuser, splash guards to CF,,the side and rear splitters in CF would look odd. It would look out of place with mix and match. Just sayin'

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
I agree with you KY. Personally i would do all CF if funds were of no issue. Can anyone advise,if these splitters help keep dirt and road grime from getting on the side surfaces after regular driving?

evil eye

Established Member
Agreed, this is definitely a case of either you're all in for CF or you're all in for black plastics. I'm most likely going the full CF route, but I need mudflaps on the front before I take the car out in spring. So I'll have to rock the two tone look until I can afford to change the front and rear and add the sides later.

mwilson6192

Established Member
I have the Roush side and rear splitters, and I installed them myself. Very easy installation using Race Ramps.

Regarding drilling, to each their own but this provides additional security, and with my installation of the passenger side splitter the mounting point closest to the front fender needed to be "cinched" up with another push pin (which required drilling) to avoid a small but annoying gap where the plastic mold "memory" seemed to insist on a 1/8-inch gap. It was easy and non-destructive - just put a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the drill bit (or a stop collar) and you will be fine.

The Roush kit is very clean, inexpensive (when compared to carbon fiber), and personally I like the look of the textured plastic versus carbon fiber. It is personal taste to be sure. Regardless, the Roush kit is both functional and it looks good (I have a black Shelby so the look is exceptionally clean).

mwilson6192

Established Member
While not white, here is how the Roush side and rear splitters look on a black Shelby:

SideSplitter2_zps398f3888.jpg

SideSplitter1_zps7070542b.jpg

RearSplitter1_zps4c895837.jpg

FrontAngle_zps02ece233.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed, this is definitely a case of either you're all in for CF or you're all in for black plastics. I'm most likely going the full CF route, but I need mudflaps on the front before I take the car out in spring. So I'll have to rock the two tone look until I can afford to change the front and rear and add the sides later.

Agree, balls deep or nothing on the CF additions.
I'm planning CF accents on the inside and outside but it a fine line with looking classy or ricer.
Looks great mwilson :rockon:
-J
:beer:

JW03

Established Member
Washing my car today I noticed even with the side splitters my rockers are sand blasted and look horrible. Made me sick

mwilson6192

Established Member
Finally, pics of the mysterious mwilson ride!! :poke:

Well, you know ... :)

It got just warm enough today and the roads to the gas station clear and dry to take her out and fill up the tank (hand filled to 3/4 full but now is topped off). Still got a little spray here and there but nothing major. This was the first I have driven my car since September 6th, when I dropped it off at Tasca Mod Shop. I wasn't even home (away on business) when my wife received the car from Reliable Carriers on December 20th. The weather has been absolutely miserable since then, plus I have been traveling for business much more than normal of late.

I only drove her to the gas station and back as most roads are still wet and covered with a salt/water mix, but the route to the gas station and back (~5 miles) was clear. The car has new sounds which I will need to get used to (e.g. the whine of the Whipple 4.0L is unmistakable).

Wish I could drive her more, but at least I was able to start her up, fill up the tank and let the exhaust note provide me some Shelby therapy! ;-)

Looking forward to the shows I have lined up this year, including the Carlisle Ford Nationals.

Matt

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Just buy them Bruno, if they look good then I will buy them too.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Just buy them Bruno, if they look good then I will buy them too.
I'll go halves with ya. You can keep the passenger side and I'll use the drivers then if we both like them we can order another kit. :lol:

I like em on all the cars I've seen so far.
DSC00627_zps6a4b6c08.jpg
Thanks so much for the pics I appreciate it. Love the alcoas btw. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread