Sig Sauer/1911 guys

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Need help making a decision on which 1911 to buy.
Pretty sure I want to get a Sig Sauer 1911 for my next pistol. Ive never owned a 1911 and i would like to start out with something decent. Ive heard that for the money, Sig makes a nice piece.
So my options that I was considering are as follows.
Im also open to the carry version of each gun.

STX
sig 1911.png

Nightmare
nightmare.png

Scorpion
scorpion.png

Tacops
tacops.png

My GF is wanting the Spartan.
Its a nice looking gun and i Like the idea of it but I don't like the smooth looking grips.
spartan.png

Is there any of these that you guys have shot and prefer over the others?
Whats the reason you prefer one over the other?
Any other options that I should look at?

Thanks
chris

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I just recently purchased my first 1911 model handgun. I went with the Nightmare Carry and I couldn't be happier. I've only put about 50 rounds through it thus far though.

U.M.

Sig19110001.jpg

Sig19110002.jpg

Sig19110003.jpg

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Ive had that holder for many months. It's not that bad but after trying other holsters, i wont go back to it. Also, i use it for my glock which feels like a 2x4 if that matters any.

Zemedici

Established Member
I have a Springfield 1911, and I love it. However it's too big to conceal carry. I've shot the nightmare and It was incredible. Very sturdy, not a whole lot of recoil, if I was going to buy a sig 1911 that would be it

Last edited:

02Toner

Established Member
Sig 1911 Nightmare is on my list for sure... beautiful gun, and the only Sig I've shot I didn't like was a beat up range P938.. The full size guns shoot amazing from my experience.

SirShaun

Established Member
Tacops looking good especially after a little red dot/flash light on that lower rail.

dom418

Established Member
Sigs are great and you can't go wrong with any of the ones you posted. I personally the paying the premium on some of their models like the scorpion etc. they will do anything for a buck and sigs marketing people are good. Just get the basic 1911 and mods the grips etc to your taste. Welcome to the Sig-ness

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
That crossbreed holster will break in, and you won't turn back after that. Mine is about 3 years old, it looks like its 50 years old but damn when I am wearing it I can barely tell I am carrying. Especially with a good belt.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I have a ruger 1911 and its a great gun. Carried in an el paso saddlery holster; which is fantastic but not for CC. Way too big!

bglf83

Established Member
Not nocking Sig, but I would suggest you at least look at Smith and Wesson or Colt as well. I have several and the cost is similar. For the money I do not think you can beat a Smith and Wesson 1911SC when it comes to carry guns.

I love my Colt Wiley Clap commander, but the Smith is my carry.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I can't comment on sigs. I do have two Colts and both are perfect for me. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the ones you posted. in my opinion, its a 1911 or nothing. I love em.

Here are the two I have. Got both a few years ago and have no regrets. I attached photos in case you are not stuck on brands and wanted another good option. I started out looking at all different brands and settled on the Colts and glad I did. The defender is an easier gun to carry since it is a smaller gun than my full sized. You can conceal carry anything but it is harder to conceal full sized 1911's due to the size.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Last edited:

bglf83

Established Member
^^ watch out he has the Clapp :).

Causes an itching sensation till you use it.

Users who are viewing this thread