Signs of a bad FRPS?

beastmar

Established Member
I changed out my pumps to the improved GT pumps and installed new ID1050x injectors because I want to run E85. I am in the process of tuning my car and unfortunately on my 2nd run, I ran out of fuel and this caused one of the hoses to come off one of my pumps. So I drop the tank again and fix this problem and run mostly hard line to avoid this in the future.

The first run, my car was idling and running fine. The second run was the same until I ran out of fuel. When I started my car on the 3rd run, you can see black smoke coming out the back. I thought maybe it was the tune, but I asked my tuner and he mentioned that it could be the FRPS.

I have the KB disc installed so I thought it could be something else. So before I order a new one, I decided to check my spark plugs and the tips of them are black and smell like fuel. Could it be that I just need to replace my spark plugs? I would think if my FRPS was failing, I would get a check engine light right?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

beastmar

Established Member
pull the vacuum line off the FRPS, if its got fuel in it the frps burst

I will check this out once I get home later on tonight. What else could be causing my car to run very very rich? My AFR tells me 10.0-11.2 during idle and my rpms bounce from 500-900

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im really note sure, especially being that you're in the middle of tuning it

and just as an fyi running out of fuel didnt pop that line off, too much fuel pressure at that connector blew the line off (not saying theres a problem with fuel pressure but the line wasnt on correctly) and then you didnt have enough fuel supply because you were running on one less pump.

01yellercobra

Established Member
When my FRPS went I was setting the idle my car. It was idling good, shut it off to adjust something, and when I fired it back up it idled like crap. Running rich and everything. I pulled the FRPS off and was able to blow through it. Installed a new one and everything went back to normal.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

beastmar

Established Member
When my FRPS went I was setting the idle my car. It was idling good, shut it off to adjust something, and when I fired it back up it idled like crap. Running rich and everything. I pulled the FRPS off and was able to blow through it. Installed a new one and everything went back to normal.

Did you get a check engine light? I noticed that you are local to me, where did you end up buying the new FRPS?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you get a check engine light? I noticed that you are local to me, where did you end up buying the new FRPS?
I think so. It's been a bit. I got it from Napa because they were the only one that had it locally.

Users who are viewing this thread