Signs Of The Gt 500 Already Crashing !!!

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
I WAS GOING THREW EBAY, AND NOTIST ADVANTAGE FORD... BY PASADENA, CALIFORNIA HAD THERE VERY FIRST SHELBY (BLACK WITH SILVER STRIPES FOR SALE ON EBAY !! 623-359-9689. THIS IS NOT ONLY THERE FIRST ONE BUT ONE OF THE FIRST IN THE UNITED STATES !! IT HAS A BUILD WEEK OF JUNE 5 AND COMING IN AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

THE BID IS AT 52,405.44 WITH FIVE DAYS LEFT..... THERE IS A RESERVE !!

OK WHERE ARE ALL THE PEOPLE COMING INTO THE DEALERSHIP AND PUTTING DOWN A DEPOSIT ! AND SAYING ILL GIVE 60K OR 70K 0R 80K....
BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE ITS ALL HYPE !!! A.K.A BABBY BOOMERS !!!

FOR BEING ONE OF THE FIRST GT 5OO OUT THERE IN CALIFORNIA , THIS CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD BY SOMEBODY WALKING IN (LIKE A MONTH AGO) THEY HAD TO PUT IT ON EBAY TO ADVERTISE TO THE U.S.A THAT THEY HAVE ONE, SO THEY CAN GET THERE 60 TO 80 K ON THE CAR.(OR WHAT EVER THE RESURVE IS) !!

WHAT I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD MAKE MORE MONEY THIS WAY, BY ADVERTISING ON EBAY.....I CALL :bs: ON THIS ONE BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY IN THERE AREA WILLING TO BUY THIS. (AND WERE TALKING ABOUT SO CAL HERE FOLKS.

FROM WHAT ADVANTAGE SAID THE CAR WILL NOW BE IN THE 45,000 RANGE.

AND O BY THE WAY......THIS CAR IS GOING TO BE A HOT SELLER, GETUM WHILE THEY LAST....THERE ALREADY ALL SOLD OUT !! :bs: :bs: :bs:

I SEE THE TITANIC COMING AROUND THE CORNER (DONT YOU )?

JUST MY .02 CENTS :shrug:

Last edited:

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
You Missed The Point, Why Is It At Auction In The First Place..because There Is No Buyers Coming In The Dealership.

What Part Didnt You Understand ?

I Like Caps !

CaliCobra

Established Member
You dont seem to understand Ebay. Ebay will get you more for a popular item than waiting for some dork to come in off the street. Think about it, not rocket science. On Ebay you can reach millions of dorks at the same time, not just the handful of locals ones with too much cash.

If you want more than somethings worth and everyone wants it...Ebay baby!! Think about Xbox 360 as a prime example. Cant do that kind of ripping off locally.

Second, you need to look at completed sales, not current auctions. There have been some on Ebay over 100K!!! I think they are complete morons, but I wish I had their money. Obviously if they can burn money like that, they cant be too stupid cause they have it in the first place.

You are being hopeful, those cars are hot. No amount of wishing is going to bring their price crashing down anytime soon. Trust me, I want it too, I want to get one. But I dont live in a fantasy world. The fact is there are just too many cash rich fools that are into instant gratification.

2007 stang

Banned
WOW, don't hate the world man. One day you'll be able to afford one.... let it go, just let it go....

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
I have a 03 that I payed cash fore!

Like I said before, Im not bashing the gt500 at all , it;s going to be a great car !! at msrp!

I hate ford dealers screwing people 20k plus over sticker, and ford motor company is doing nothing about it !

so yes I hope these things dont sell at first to show ford that there screwing up !! (letting the dealers get away with this :bs:

Im done :rockon:

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
OK, caps etc aside. I think there's a point there.

If dealers are getting $50K + markups than why the dozens listed on ebay, etc.

Why would they need to use ebay as an auction tool, they'd be getting active calls from desperate guys with too much money trying to drop large on procuring one of the first 500's.

I think it's an interesting point, I was kinda thinking about that the other day while marveling at all the 500's on ebay.

But, I think only time will tell.

You do come across kinda strong though, maybe just frustrated at the price hype & I understand that too. Here's to hoping all that want one, get one, at a fair price ...

D

2007 stang

Banned
Daffy said:
OK, caps etc aside. I think there's a point there.

If dealers are getting $50K + markups than why the dozens listed on ebay, etc.

Why would they need to use ebay as an auction tool, they'd be getting active calls from desperate guys with too much money trying to drop large on procuring one of the first 500's.

I think it's an interesting point, I was kinda thinking about that the other day while marveling at all the 500's on ebay.

But, I think only time will tell.

You do come across kinda strong though, maybe just frustrated at the price hype & I understand that too. Here's to hoping all that want one, get one, at a fair price ...

D

They are trying to get as much as they can. An Ebay bid is surely the best way to do that.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I hear ya & that's definitely one way of lookin at it (prolly the right way too), I think he's just saying the other way is, if their are so many peeps dropping the cash at dealers, they'd all be spoken for at rediculous prices, no ebay necessary. I dunno, it's all a little crazy but we'll watch and see. I think we'll certainly see that first wave go for some cha-ching, my question is, how long will it last?

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
Daffy said:
I hear ya & that's definitely one way of lookin at it (prolly the right way too), I think he's just saying the other way is, if their are so many peeps dropping the cash at dealers, they'd all be spoken for at rediculous prices, no ebay necessary. I dunno, it's all a little crazy but we'll watch and see. I think we'll certainly see that first wave go for some cha-ching, my question is, how long will it last?

+ 1 :thumbsup: somebody got it !! :beer:

venams03

Established Member
apg2369 said:
I have a 03 that I payed cash fore!

Like I said before, Im not bashing the gt500 at all , it;s going to be a great car !! at msrp!

I hate ford dealers screwing people 20k plus over sticker, and ford motor company is doing nothing about it !

so yes I hope these things dont sell at first to show ford that there screwing up !! (letting the dealers get away with this :bs:

Im done :rockon:

I'd have to agree on these points. Paid cash for my 03 as well but I'm very disappointed in the final product and the way dealers treat their past customers...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
only problem with this theory is that the cars arent even being produced yet. the dealerships arent stupid enough to think that just because people arent lined up to buy the car BEFORE it comes out that they wont have any customers WHEN it comes out.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Seems to me it's a heap cheaper to pay some guy sitting in front of a computer all day a commission than a salesman crunching numbers. Maybe I'm wrong.........

07 Shelby

Established Member
Aside from Your rant you obviously don't understand EBay.
Most Smart EBayers' don't Bid during the first few Days. They bid during the Dying minutes. They put the Auction on their Watch List and wait. If you Bid throughout the Auction all you do is create Hype and unnecessary attention to the Item that you're interested in. :nono:
Lets be patient and see what their Auction eventually ends at.

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Don't confuse eBay with reality. The two rarely have anything in common. :bored:

How will you know prices are crashing? When you see GT500s lined up at a dealer like this...

August 2003:

Sale2.jpg

Sale1.jpg

07 Shelby

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Don't confuse eBay with reality. The two rarely have anything in common. :bored:

How will you know prices are crashing? When you see GT500s lined up at a dealer like this...

August 2003:

Sale2.jpg

Sale1.jpg

Exactly! If you read my other post and I know you did, I predict that the exact same thing will likely happen to the Shelby come the 09' style change.

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
We have a 40+ person list that will pay 15k over sticker here in Raleigh at my place of employment. We will sell everyone we can get for that, no problem. I just hate that I cant D-plan one this year. I can wait untill they are ready move them which will happen just like the 04 cobra's.

drmustang

Banned
Skeltor said:
We have a 40+ person list that will pay 15k over sticker here in Raleigh at my place of employment. We will sell everyone we can get for that, no problem. I just hate that I cant D-plan one this year. I can wait untill they are ready move them which will happen just like the 04 cobra's.

40 people who will all pay $15,000 over sticker. How many of them will follow through when it is time to cough up 60 grand for a Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread