Signs Of The Gt 500 Already Crashing !!!

GTWill

Established Member
Skeltor said:
We have a 40+ person list that will pay 15k over sticker here in Raleigh at my place of employment. We will sell everyone we can get for that, no problem. I just hate that I cant D-plan one this year. I can wait untill they are ready move them which will happen just like the 04 cobra's.
Is it difficult to get financing on a vehicle that is 15k over MSRP if you don't have enough for a large down payment?

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
My dealer in Chicago area called me and offered to sell one to me at sticker plus 20k. I laughed and said I will stop in next spring an buy one for 5k under sticker like when I bought my 03 new in March of 2004.

Theres no bank that will finiance a unit as such for 10/20/30/40/50/thousand over MSRP,without a large deposit or some-kind of coloritial,second mortage on your home,ect.,I ordored my shelby GT500,on 4.6/06,white/Blue-stripes loaded with all options at MSRP. Yes there are dealers out there that are still honest,and sell them for MSRP,you just have to do some home-work and search them out.There is a big demand on these units ,because its been what 30/40 years sice this unit was produced,and they will sell. Just my opnion.Do some calling if its not too late I put a deposit down some 15,months ago for MSRP,and we do not know that price yet,I'm thinking around $43,000.00/to $45,Thousand with all options in that area,Coupe now,converitable more cash.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
eBay is only good for people who shop on eBay. Ford GT's rarely go fro much more than MSRP unless they are heritage cars on eBay anymore, and yet they still sell for more to random people on the street. I spoke to a dealer I know who couldn't move two GT's at msrp on eBay; both eventually went above MSRP in reality land.

If you're willing to shop around, buy out of state, buy on the net, etc, eBay is a decent indication of what you might get. There are a whole lot of people not willing to do that, especially with a gotta-have-it toy. Make no mistake the GT500 will end up at or below MSRP, but it's going to be awhile.

jshen

Established Member
Agreed/

Make no mistake the GT500 will end up at or below MSRP, but it's going to be awhile

Depending on gas guzzler tax....and gas prices, it may be sooner than later. Does the Z06 have a GG tax? just curious...

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
No. It's rated at 16 city/24 highway, and is exempt from the Gas Guzzler tax. :eek:

i do wonder how they managed this considering the 03-04 cobras were what 15.16city and 22 highway?

jshen

Established Member
ElGato said:
i do wonder how they managed this considering the 03-04 cobras were what 15.16city and 22 highway?

Mine got better than that off the dealer showroom and once I went to a CAI and free flow mufflers..I went to an honest 16.5 city 26.5 hwy...driving the posted speed....

Yes I agree,and waiting on mind Shelby Gt500 for MSRP. I would not even intertain over MSRP,these dalers are making money even at MSRP,and the few Shelbys that each dealer will receive will not keep there doors open. So just make phone calls and get your price that you are comfortable with,and then just pay it and when your Shelby comes in pick it up,and as Paul Harvey would say and now for the rest of the story!!!!!!!

rwhp

Established Member
apg2369 said:
I WAS GOING THREW EBAY, AND NOTIST ADVANTAGE FORD... BY PASADENA, CALIFORNIA HAD THERE VERY FIRST SHELBY (BLACK WITH SILVER STRIPES FOR SALE ON EBAY !! 623-359-9689. THIS IS NOT ONLY THERE FIRST ONE BUT ONE OF THE FIRST IN THE UNITED STATES !! IT HAS A BUILD WEEK OF JUNE 5 AND COMING IN AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

THE BID IS AT 52,405.44 WITH FIVE DAYS LEFT..... THERE IS A RESERVE !!

OK WHERE ARE ALL THE PEOPLE COMING INTO THE DEALERSHIP AND PUTTING DOWN A DEPOSIT ! AND SAYING ILL GIVE 60K OR 70K 0R 80K....
BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE ITS ALL HYPE !!! A.K.A BABBY BOOMERS !!!

FOR BEING ONE OF THE FIRST GT 5OO OUT THERE IN CALIFORNIA , THIS CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD BY SOMEBODY WALKING IN (LIKE A MONTH AGO) THEY HAD TO PUT IT ON EBAY TO ADVERTISE TO THE U.S.A THAT THEY HAVE ONE, SO THEY CAN GET THERE 60 TO 80 K ON THE CAR.(OR WHAT EVER THE RESURVE IS) !!

WHAT I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD MAKE MORE MONEY THIS WAY, BY ADVERTISING ON EBAY.....I CALL :bs: ON THIS ONE BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY IN THERE AREA WILLING TO BUY THIS. (AND WERE TALKING ABOUT SO CAL HERE FOLKS.

FROM WHAT ADVANTAGE SAID THE CAR WILL NOW BE IN THE 45,000 RANGE.

AND O BY THE WAY......THIS CAR IS GOING TO BE A HOT SELLER, GETUM WHILE THEY LAST....THERE ALREADY ALL SOLD OUT !! :bs: :bs: :bs:

I SEE THE TITANIC COMING AROUND THE CORNER (DONT YOU )?

JUST MY .02 CENTS :shrug:
i work for the company who delivers all the fords to the dealerships in california and there has been no shelbys in the yard yet soon as they hit the ground i will know and more than likely will have a few on my truck ;-)

venams03

Established Member
hp freak said:
i work for the company who delivers all the fords to the dealerships in california and there has been no shelbys in the yard yet soon as they hit the ground i will know and more than likely will have a few on my truck ;-)

Quick question for you. Have they fixed those trucks yet. It seems that the delivery trucks weren't designed to deliver cars which such low clearance and low valances as the 03/04 Terminators. Every single one I saw locally had at least some minor damage to the front valance as the trucks gates just don't have a long and gradual enough slope to unload the cars without any damage. I think the GT-500 will be even tougher with the chin splitter and the fact that front bumper extends even farther out than the 03/04s. Something for all those Over MSRP payers out there to consider when they're picking up their cars. Check for front end damage.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
You Missed The Point, Why Is It At Auction In The First Place..because There Is No Buyers Coming In The Dealership.

What Part Didnt You Understand ?

I Like Caps !

I wouldn't say they don't have anyone who wants to buy it. They just don't have anyone who wants to pay 30k over msrp

Users who are viewing this thread