Silly question about a car I really want

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Haven't read every single post, but see a few mentioning how much of a PITA rear facing would be...I think it would be easier than the forward facing if you have one of the types that just click into the base. Literally swing that bitch in and CLICK!

My son rides in the back of my Boss a few times a month and I hate ducking in to strap his ass in lol, but it's not bad. He's about 45" tall and has big feet, my wife who is 5' 8 can still sit comfortably in front seat when he's in the back.

The seats that hold the baby carrier are awesome at that stage for putting in and taking out as all of the work is done before you wven head outside.

It’s the way the carrier eats up space that is the bitch.

I remember on several occasions watching dudes put their newborn/real small mids in minivans and SUVs and such while putting my kids in the Shelby and thinking, nope, not a chance in hell I’ll ever own a minivan.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Turn the airbag off and stick them in the front seat? I don't know, what's the difference in a Mustang or a Corvette then?

SHOdown220

Established Member
I’ll chime in. I have a 2022 with both rear facing and front facing seats in the back. Yes both of my boys ride with me at the same time.

I tried my wife’s rear facing seat first and it’s damn near impossible to get the kid into the seat because you have to go from the opposite side and reach all the way across. The roof line and no back door doesn’t allow access to put the baby in from the side the seat is on. So I ended up with a base setup where I put the baby in his seat outside the car, then simply slide the whole car seat into the back and snap into base. Works well.

The front facing is easier, he climbs up in and buckles in and I tighten the strap. With my seat moved up slightly from my normal driving position he fits pretty well.

We can and have fit both kids me and my wife in the Mustang for shorter trips, she is short and has a decent amount of space. It’s a tight fit having everyone but it does work.

All that being said my kids don’t ride with me often, once or twice a week for about a 15 mile trip. Usually we take the wife’s pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread