Single Cab Pickups : Forbidden Fruit

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I took out the 4.3 and put in a 5.7 even more fun with a 5 sp.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That’s the cats meow right there. Thats how i learned to drive. Peg leg sucker would get sideways in a heartbeat

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Hope you’re short

I drive a single cab dodge at work, and I ****ing hate it and I’m barely over 6 foot.

that's what i like about the 04-08 f-150's. they were the only late model regular cab trucks i could find that allowed me to recline the seat pretty well, due the extra storage space and suicide doors

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Yes but they are extremely underpowered and blow spark plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree on the power output but at 232XXX miles I have yet to blow a spark plug, the heads are cast iron. My buddy has a built 383 in his garage I am thinking about swapping but the old 5.7 just keeps on running.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree on the power output but at 232XXX miles I have yet to blow a spark plug, the heads are cast iron. My buddy has a built 383 in his garage I am thinking about swapping but the old 5.7 just keeps on running.

Are we talking the same thing?

He's talking the Ford Mod 5.4 blows plugs. Those are aluminum headed. He's not talking about SBC engines.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The 2V spark plug threads were updated in 03, essentially fixing that issue.

Of course it works. Edelbrock and many others make a vortec specific intake for carb appliations.

Exactly. An if you want to get real fancy you can pick up some aluminum Vortec heads from Summit. If I ever have to build another MPI SBC for a boat that's what I'm going to do.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly. An if you want to get real fancy you can pick up some aluminum Vortec heads from Summit. If I ever have to build another MPI SBC for a boat that's what I'm going to do.

I want to build a budget vortec-headed sbc sooooooooooooooooo bad. Problem is i dont have anything to put it in haha.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The lightnings were more prone to spark plug blow out than the NA 5.4. Not the most powerful but the best lowend tq of the big 3.

Yup, I replaced a head on a 2001 years ago.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I thought the Ford heads had problems with the spark plugs seizing and stripping out the threads.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sounds like a hell of a job todo

It wasn’t fun, had a little help with another tech at the time. I had to laugh when the service manager drove it after to make sure all was good. Pulled it back in check engine light came on I missed a emissions thing hooked it right back up all good. But he popped the tire on the rack arm and had to eat the cost. A Goodyear F1 or whatever they put in it wasn’t cheap.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd this a long bed? Can't tell.

Screenshot_20200806-115945.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread