Single turbo kit?

2000 gt

Established Member
I haven't found one single turbo kit that doesn't look cheap and crappy. Plenty of twin turbo kits out there but do any of u know of a good kit for a 99 cobra going single turbo. I want a fab look not a hellion small piping with rubber boots everywhere joining it all together :fm:

D-MANN

Established Member
What intercooler are guys using for the CG Fabrications?Any downsides to there single kit?i see they make a cold side for there twin kit but why no cold side for the single?

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I've only used their hotside and put together my own coldside, if you want something one piece and as little rubber joints possible you'll need to fab your own.

2000 gt

Established Member
Yea I've seen the best setups are all custom made. That's the look I want. But I'm no welder lol. So ill look into cg.....there's tons of twin turbo kits. But Idk if I wanna go twins

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You are going to have rubber couplers with any kit you buy. Even twins. If you want it all welded up and all Vbands on the cold side. You will have to go custom and you will be paying some good $$$$$ to do it right. The CG fab is your best bet IMO.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
You are going to have rubber couplers with any kit you buy. Even twins. If you want it all welded up and all Vbands on the cold side. You will have to go custom and you will be paying some good $$$$$ to do it right. The CG fab is your best bet IMO.

Wiggins clamps are a nice touch, and if this guy wants to drop the extra $90-100 on each set it's a nice setup......or just get a bunch of silicone couplers like everyone else because they're functional and can be aesthetically pleasing.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I agree that you will need to go custom. My custom single kit only has 6 rubber couplers, that's from turbo outlet to the TB. Heck 2 are because of the MAF. I asked the shop about a single piece of pipe from the intercooler to the TB but they said it wouldn't allow them to clock the MAF to get the best reading to tune the car properly.

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
My motor may of gone belly up. I'm
Not sure if I want to revive it lol. You can see my build on my sig.

MTBSully

Established Member
A lot of people will probably disagree but I love how my on3 kit looks. Only coupler you can see in the engine bay is the TB one. There is 4 total from turbo outlet to TB.
null_zps20a58774.jpg

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Actually, On3's cold side isnt all that bad. I used it on my custom hotside build I did. No complaints other than the poopy intercooler.

MTBSully

Established Member
^ That's the first time I have ever read anything good about the on3 kit.

No real complaints with mine. It wasn't perfect, but I pretty much just used the piping. The WGs, BOV, turbo, boost controller etc are all tail and turbonetics. I havent had any real problems. it wasn't perfect, but I made it work and for $2k I wasn't complaining. Especially when there seems to be a lot of $6k plus kits out there that people still have fitment issues with.

Users who are viewing this thread