Siphon technique

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I use this every time I go to the track or dyno to make sure I'm not mixing 93 with race fuel. It works GREAT!

[youtube_browser]gmr4I9wcXRU[/youtube_browser]

Here it is on my GT500 fuel rail:

That's a pretty sweet setup! Can you just but the nipple that goes under your FRPS and the hose? I don't have stock lines so I wouldn't need the other part.

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
I use a fuel filter with a hose connected to one side and the other side will fit into the feed line to the fuel rail. I have a fuel pump tune from VMP that kicks the pumps on with the key on and drains the tank quick. It worked great for draining the tank to put E85 in.

This is what I do as well.

RSAGT500

Established Member
RSAGT500, that's what I was thinking about. So you had to get that in your tune?

Fullboogie, I know that's how it works with the fuel system ready-to-run, but did you try it with an open end hose? I would think it only shuts the pumps off when the FPS reaches the specified rail pressure. If RSAGT500 had to get it in his tune, then that works for me, I will get that changed.

Let's keep talking about this. This is important for E85 guys, race gas and long-term storage.
It's a tune that you put on your hand held and load after you disconnect the feed line and have the hose run into a fuel can. Then you load your other tune back in when you're done.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Quick question, what do you guys do with your E85 samples with the water in the vial? Just throw it on the ground or what? Sorry this is my first time doing all this...lol

Users who are viewing this thread