Sirius XM music royalty fee

BDFabrizio

Registered Abuser
Established Member
I've had XM for a while, but I really don't listen to it enough and some of the channels suck. I usually switch between Lithium 34, 45, 44, and 43. 45 and 44 both play the same 15 songs all day long and 43 is only good when there's some 90's rap.

I pay around $36 for 6 months but I'll probably end up cancelling it this next time. I had a friend send me a cracked copy of pandora with unlimited skips and no commercials and that's been awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like they hiked the fee 41% from the 13%.

13 x .41 = 5.33

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

Yep, that seems right.

By the way, if you are a Sirius subscriber, you can chose a auto-renew term of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual (every 6 months) or annual. Of you choose to be invoiced, they mail you an invoice and you return that with payment by the due date/subscription renewal date. They add a $2.00 administrative fee for mailing out an invoice.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I personally disliked Sirius because the overall sound quality sucked. I just plug my phone in and stream whatever I'm feeling.

Edit: I stream with Amazon music.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I like Lithium, Liquid Metal and Octane is ok. Sometimes they play a little too much Bro Metal like 5 Finger Death Joke.

I didnt like it enough to keep it on my Lexus, and the 4-5 calls per day to get me to renew sealed their fate to NO.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All you whippersnappers in here. 70’s and Channel 18 the Beatles when I do get to listen.

They do have probably the worst customer service of any company.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
All you whippersnappers in here. 70’s and Channel 18 the Beatles when I do get to listen.

They do have probably the worst customer service of any company.

Same as cable companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blown 89

Established Member
I listen to mine less and less. A google Music subscription has better music and talk radio is covered by podcasts. I like keeping it around but I don't think it's worth their asking price anymore.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
They do the number spoofing thing now. They have a local area code number call.

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

I didnt know people could use active numbers.

I get calls and texts from people saying " You just called me" when I didnt..

i even had one person screen shot their call log. And yup.. shows my phone number called them.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I canceled my SXM subscription a few weeks ago and its officially off now. $39 a month for two radios and online listening; not worth it at all.

I only listened to a few channels, mainly HipHop Nation, and they literally played the same songs on repeat. Shade 45 was just as worthless with all the talking they do on that station. Rude Jude has the only good show on that station.

Now I share a Spotify family account with my girlfriend and will never go back to SXM.

vortecd

Established Member
The only thing I listen to on Sirius/XM is Talk radio. For music Pandora is much better imo.

funny since the reason I like Sirius is not having to listen to talk radio. Nothing worse then listening to people's own opinions while I'm driving to work. I just want to listen to some music

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
funny since the reason I like Sirius is not having to listen to talk radio. Nothing worse then listening to people's own opinions while I'm driving to work. I just want to listen to some music

^^^Exactly ....I hate the talking heads, interruptions, just play the ****ing music.

I stream amazon prime music over Bluetooth in the car. If you're a prime member it’s a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread