Skydiving

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
I was invited to go to Freefall Adventures on Saturday but it was a washout so we went on sunday. Such a beautiful and perfect day to jump out of a perfectly good airplane lol. We had reservations at 3pm but got there watched a video and filled out the paperwork and they said we would be on the last plane at 7pm. At first we were a little dissappointed, but turned out to be well worth the wait. It was my friend sarah, her dad me going up on the same plane, and when they called for us I got this feeling of what the heck am I doing. We get our harnesses on and wait for the plane and to meet our instructor.
I was a little nevous, I had never been on a plane before and had no idea what to do, but I enjoyed the ride. Both Sarah's and my photogrophers we going back and forth filming everything, you can tell they really have fun. A few minutes before my instructor hooks my harness to his he tells me what to do, just walk out the back of the plane, and ask "you know we're doing a backflip, right" I say yeah someone on the ground told me.
The back door opens at 13,500 ft and in the blink of an eye the people infront of me are gone. My turn, the photog turns and faces us I walk and my guy just goes into a sprint and all I'm lookin at is my feet and see the edge and then it was gone. We do the backflip, the photog closes in and grabs my hand and spin in circles. We freefall for about 45 seconds and pull the cord at 5,000 ft, the photog waits another second or two to get on gound first to get our landing. It was so beautiful watching the sun go down at roughly 3K ft and could see phily in the distance.
I can't wait to go back again, it was such a rush. I say it's the funnest thing I've ever done in my life. So the first time on a plane I jump out of it.

Anyone jump before?

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I went on my 2 years ago today actually. One of the funnest experiences of my life. Definately recommend it to everyone and I will definately go again.

n1116660074_30063998_3858-1.jpg

n1116660074_30064001_4694.jpg

n1116660074_30064008_6707.jpg

n1116660074_30064028_2890.jpg

My whole family went.
n1116660074_30064016_9063.jpg

n1116660074_30064021_651.jpg

Signing my life away.
n1116660074_30064011_7615.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w2IfXR07FY"]YouTube - Skydiving Video[/ame]

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
just went to watch my buddy jump a few weeks ago. limited funds and being unemployed hinders me from spending the $150 to jump. I so want to do it though, looks freaking awesome.

We were talking before hand in the group and someone was like "yeah today is nice to jump out of a perfectly good plane" and one of the instructors went "Perfectly good? Hah. Son ive been around these planes all my life, aint nothing perfectly good about them. Id jump before taking my chances by sticking with the plane to the runway."

CO_SVT

Established Member
I want to go so bad, I am planning on going when I get back from the sandbox.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
I have never been skydiving, but here is a pic of a friend of mine that went. A picture is worth 1000 words.
5368_1067115047148_1504201688_30148.jpg

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Id love to skydive. Just wouldn't want to do it strapped to some strange dude. What do you have to do to do a solo jump?

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Just went a few weeks ago. Amazing!

309ttow.jpg

haha, both of us had the weirdest facial expressions and this is the least embarrassing lol.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I believe you have to tandum jump your first 5 or so jumps

Typically it is your first 2 jumps.

And why would you be concerned about being strapped to a "strange dude" who, for many tandem instructors do it for a living. You have to have logged at the very minimum 600 jumps before you can even go for your rating to be a tandem instructor. These guys know their shit. And you want to throw yourself out of a plane, by yourself, with absolutely no experience at all? You don't see this as a bad idea?

Last edited:

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member

And why would you be concerned about being strapped to a "strange dude" who, for many tandem instructors do it for a living. You have to have logged at the very minimum 600 jumps before you can even go for your rating to be a tandem instructor. These guys know their shit. And you want to throw yourself out of a plane, by yourself, with absolutely no experience at all? You don't see this as a bad idea?

Not if your willing to die :lol1:

canibus

Established Member

I think hi's homophobia is more important. lol

BTW: 03svt_cobra. did anyone guess the number?

Users who are viewing this thread