Sledding

Orange Peel

Established Member
with winter right around the corner , I thought I'd ask this ? Who of you are sledders? what type model do you ride with?I had two F7's one was a red 03 and the other was a Orange 05...... lack of snowlast couple years in area forced sale.........

Orange Peel

Established Member
Skidoo's

That is a nice sled, watch this year we will get dumped on because I got rid of sleds, where do you ride at in Montana when the season is in full swing?

Blk04Snake

Established Member
06 Arctic Cat F7 converted to look like the Fighter Pilots

100_1602.jpg

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
That is a nice sled, watch this year we will get dumped on because I got rid of sleds, where do you ride at in Montana when the season is in full swing?

Either Kings Hill, which is near Neihart, or sometimes in Cooke City in the Beartooths, which is scary deep powder

Orange Peel

Established Member
06 Arctic Cat F7 converted to look like the Fighter Pilots

100_1602.jpg

I loved the 04 fighter look and you did it tastefully , how did you get the graphics , I thought you had to own one to get the factory to issue you the graphics as replacements?

The guy in the background with orange helmet has the same ride gear I had for my Orange 05 f7..

Last edited:

Orange Peel

Established Member
Either Kings Hill, which is near Neihart, or sometimes in Cooke City in the Beartooths, which is scary deep powder

You are a lucky man I alway's wanted to ride deep powder once, just to experience it some day maybe. Crazy ride was in the Michigan UP they actaully had 10ft walls from plowing and grooming.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I've got an 07 Ski Doo Renegade 600 sfi and the wife has a 98 Arctic Cat ZL500. Can't wait for winter.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
You are a lucky man I alway's wanted to ride deep powder once, just to experience it some day maybe. Crazy ride was in the Michigan UP they actaully had 10ft walls from plowing and grooming.

Cooke City is almost to the point its scary.. if you fall off the sled, you are in an honest 10 to 15 feet of powder.. Its also extremely prone to avalanches.. I have a skier friend that died there last year :nonono:

But, it is the snowmobile mecca of Montana.. The only other place that would compete with it is Island Park in Idaho, also just outside of Yellowstone..

Kings hill is only at an elevation of 7,000 ft on top, but gets a remarkable amount of snow, and has hundreds of miles of groomed and non groomed trails..

I will dig thru my harddrives later and try to find some pics for yah

youngster

Established Member
My family is pretty big into snowmobiling. I got an 2007 Arctic cat f5. Its plenty for me (135 lbs) Im not big into straight away speed and the sled is soooo light. My brother also has an 2007 f5. Both my parents have 2008 Arctic Cat Z1's. We got a house up in the Adirondacks (ny) im sure its nothing at all compared to out west where you guys are.

Orange Peel

Established Member
Cooke City is almost to the point its scary.. if you fall off the sled, you are in an honest 10 to 15 feet of powder.. Its also extremely prone to avalanches.. I have a skier friend that died there last year :nonono:

But, it is the snowmobile mecca of Montana.. The only other place that would compete with it is Island Park in Idaho, also just outside of Yellowstone..

Kings hill is only at an elevation of 7,000 ft on top, but gets a remarkable amount of snow, and has hundreds of miles of groomed and non groomed trails..

I will dig thru my harddrives later and try to find some pics for yah

That would be cool I'm also looking over disks for a couple decent shots, I still envy you for having the ability to go and hit the serious snow.

My family is pretty big into snowmobiling. I got an 2007 Arctic cat f5. Its plenty for me (135 lbs) Im not big into straight away speed and the sled is soooo light. My brother also has an 2007 f5. Both my parents have 2008 Arctic Cat Z1's. We got a house up in the Adirondacks (ny) im sure its nothing at all compared to out west where you guys are.

F5 are sweet too I actually bought the f7 as a first sled and learned real quick how to ride and do it safely, only tipped it twice once my fault, the other a jackass friend took to steep a grade for my experience level at time and tipped it and slid down a hill that met a road.

Users who are viewing this thread