Slick size question

mdrc347

Established Member
Anyone?

I posted this question a while ago, and received no answers. I'm reposting because I have the same question but different. I put a built straight axle in the car with a 4.10 gear and all aftermarket suspension (adjustable QA1 shocks, solid lowers and adjustable uppers). Took it to the track and basically ran 2 sec 60fts all day. I was using borrowed scabs for slicks. 26X10.50 et streets. Topped out in forth gear as well. 28" seems to be the right diameter for this gear at about 130 mph. Can I mount a 28X10.5 (28X12.5 ET street) slick on the back without modifying my rear quarters or anything else. I just paid $5000 to have this car fixed. It was wrecked. I am not interested in modifying the body (rolling the fenders).

Looking to buy a set of slicks. Don't want to buy a set that doesn't fit or rubs. I have a set of 28X10.5 slicks here of a buddies. They look like they would fit on the right wheel. We were guessing with a 6.5" or 7" backspacing. Does anyone have any input on this? Checked out the wheel and tire bible on here. That didn't seem to have much info on selecting this type of tire and wheel. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I dunno but I rolled my fenders using the eastwood tool and it wasn't hard at all and wasn't very expensive if you rent it from rollyourfenders.com. And if thats all it would take to do it man just roll 'em

And no I'm not the most mechanical person out there but it took me about 2.5 hours

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I run 28 inch slicks M/Ts on 16" diamond racing wheels...I'm pretty sure they are the 16X8 wheels...

Users who are viewing this thread